Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask with Memory Foam
So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask with Memory Foam
I know these manufacturers recommend throwing away the mask but I think masks generally can last much longer than what they recommend.
I thought I share something I found out with the new  air touch f20. For those finding it tough to make money and have the F20 mask with the memory foam but want to clean it. I did an experiment on one I had used for about 2 weeks as it got dirty and I was about to throw away. I used the soap free detergent that sleep clinic sold and washed it with that. Fortunately, I have had great success with cleaning it as no one likes a dirty mask but it will take longer to dry out and go back into shape but it's worth it if you want to expand the life on it. I soaked it in the detergent water, though be very gentle with it and wash it thoroughly. You can squeeze the foam but but don't do really hard presses and you can tear the foam. Just note though, the foam maybe out of shape for a day, but it should be back to shape once it's let out to dry. See if this works for you in one that you are about to throw out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask
Thanks for sharing.  How long does your foam mask normally last? ( without this type of cleaning)
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask
(01-27-2018, 07:56 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: Thanks for sharing.  How long does your foam mask normally last? ( without this type of cleaning)

Resmed says that you should replace it after 30 days. That to me is ridiculous. They cost 30 dollars a pop
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I washed the Airtouch F20 Mask with Memory Foam
Hi Sleep Therapy,
thank you for sharing your tips on caring for the Resmed AirTuch F20 FFm, (full face mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
$30 bucks try $60 last I tried to replace.

Which supplier # has them that cheap.

Although cleaning could work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2018, 01:02 AM)dracus Wrote: $30 bucks try $60 last I tried to replace.

Which supplier # has them that cheap.

Although cleaning could work.

3 for 99 dollars 

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

Search for NSW CPAP

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
NSW CPAP is in Australia. I'm seeing $40 on Amazon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
70$ CAD + shipping...
Post Reply Post Reply
So I’ve been washing the mask and all and putting in vinegar as instructed for all my masks and tubes. Received no instructions to NOT wash. Anyway, seems to work just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm at 60+ on mine and all I have done is wipe out the mask with a Clorox wipe. Looks and feels like it has plenty of mileage to go.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 617 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,637 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 230 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 174 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 429 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 347 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 473 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.