Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So I went to the doctor today
Ohmy 
So I went to the doctor today
And it was like.... Huhsign Not very nice. I described the situation, how the sleep study still registered an 8 and there was absolutely no note of my inability to breathe at times. And it seems he takes the sleep study as fact and my real experience as irrelevant. I had to explain a few times that I woke with a start unable to breathe and that things weren't as it seemed with the sleep study. Well he's promised to hook me up with the doctor who arranged the sleep study. I have no idea how long that will take. Jeez. Well for the time being I'll keep my sleep log (I gave him a copy to analyze) and when it's time to return the S8 to VitalAire, I'll set the pressure to the average pressure result and go from there until I finally get my appointment. But really, I felt like I wasn't taken very seriously Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So I went to the doctor today
(11-22-2012, 11:59 PM)archangle Wrote: Going to a doctor for a CPAP machine these days is getting to be like going to Walmart for a computer. Don't expect any technical support to speak of.

I wasn't really looking for technical support except they want to hear from him before offering up an S9 AutoSet. Even if I offered to pay the difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,031 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 254 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 262 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,907 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 335 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 589 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 998 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.