Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So comfy, I thought it wasn't working
So comfy, I thought it wasn't working
Last night was my 6th night on CPAP, and it was my best night thus far. In fact, both times I woke up (dogs, kids, ya know), I thought the CPAP wasn't working. The other mornings when I've woken up, I was VERY conscious of the blowing up my nose. But this morning I couldn't even tell it was blowing, and I actually thought I'd forgotten to turn it on. (I hadn't; it was working just fine.)

So... does that mean anything?

Also, it was my first night of 0.0 AHI. (My sleep study showed a 1.1 AHI. And my previous 5 nights on CPAP were between .86 AHI and 2.5 AHI.)

Just curious if I can read anything into it, or if this is just a dynamic ever-changing weird thing I've got up my nose for the rest of my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So comfy, I thought it wasn't working
Means you are doing great and getting used to it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds to me like your getting this new way of breathing down pretty well!
Congrats.
Always remember don't ever get too discouraged.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You get used to it like this. Many times I have gone to scratch by nose only to discover that there is this plastic mask over it!
Post Reply Post Reply
To answer your question - this is just a dynamic ever-changing weird thing you've got up your nose for the rest of your life.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great, congrats!

I've had 5 nights so far, and just like you're saying, I am not bothered too much with the mask (P10), or the air blowing up my nose. That's all much better, than what I expected, much easier than when I gave this my first try, 3 years ago.

However, the damn hose is the one I can't stand. Even though I'm using headboard to bring the hose down, and that works well, it is constantly close to my face and touching my head. It keeps waking me up when I try to turn in the bed. I am a side sleeper and like to turn a lot, from left to right, and the other way around. With the hose present, it is not an easy task.

Reading your post was definitely great. It gives all of us newbies a lot of hope.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2017, 07:55 PM)ppca Wrote: That's great, congrats!

I've had 5 nights so far, and just like you're saying, I am not bothered too much with the mask (P10), or the air blowing up my nose. That's all much better, than what I expected, much easier than when I gave this my first try, 3 years ago.

However, the damn hose is the one I can't stand. Even though I'm using headboard to bring the hose down, and that works well, it is constantly close to my face and touching my head. It keeps waking me up when I try to turn in the bed. I am a side sleeper and like to turn a lot, from left to right, and the other way around. With the hose present, it is not an easy task.

Reading your post was definitely great. It gives all of us newbies a lot of hope.

Sleep-well

Aaaw. I'm glad. like

I use the DreamWear nasal mask, and I am completely oblivious to the hose! I highly recommend it (in all of my 6 nights of experience LOL).
Post Reply Post Reply
ppca- use hose clips and don't use the headboard. Just snake the hose onto the bed and under your covers and clip it to your shorts or shirt with some slack so the hose doesn't pull out the pillows when you turn.

Hydrangea- I loved the Dreamwear until it caused me severe dry eye because the air vents out and up towards the eyes. Keep a look out for that and I hope it's not a future problem for you.

Good luck and continued success to you both.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question, Hydrangea, why where you described CPAP if your sleep study showed an AHI of 1.1?

PPCA, also try a soft fleece hose cover and it might not bother you so much anymore if it touches your face. I made mine myself. Not as fancy as the bought ones but really improves comfort level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hydrangea,
It's great to hear that you are doing so well with your CPAP therapy; CONGRATULATIONS! on the 0 AHI.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 909 9 hours ago
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 192 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 478 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  The Nose Is Weirder Than We Thought Lucid 15 1,503 11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 557 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.