Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So here's the thing
RE: So here's the thing
Yes, my friend, you are definitely maxed out. Sleeprider's formula seems right to me. I think I would also be inclined to reduce the EPR to 2 for awhile as well. I think that might discourage any silly little CA's from cranking up. But definitely you need to increase the range. Get that AHI down to 1 or 2, then get the little mrs. some happy pills, and you'll be good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the chart

[Image: screenshot-20150424-123013.png]

FYI - I returned my EPR to 2 back on the 13th since 3 seemed to make the AHI worse.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 08:37 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Print out your chart and take with you to your doctor appt. If he doesn't want to change your pressure, then we can guide you here. Right now, with what we have to look at, you should be somewhere in a range of 7 to 14.

I will do that. Wonder if she will be surprised that I see this level of data. Maybe her conversations will turn more technical. I'm sure most of her patients are much older and not so tech savvy. I don't think she'll get mad like it was reported in another post. I compliment her on her shoes. They're always funky looking. Makes her smile. Plus she tells me where she buys them so I can let my wife know. She loves shoes too. (yeah no surprise).
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 11:41 AM)AlanE Wrote: I will do that. Wonder if she will be surprised that I see this level of data. Maybe her conversations will turn more technical. I'm sure most of her patients are much older and not so tech savvy....

heyyyy don't be dissing on the technical chops of us oldies.... Bigwink

It looks like you need more pressure, but your "CA" events were all in the early morning at top pressure. Did you have CA in your sleep study?

I agree that you need more pressure. I am concerned about the CA population, you will need to watch that. with an AHI of 20 it's no wonder you feel like shoe scrape tho Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
First, thanks Daria for taking the tech savvy words right out of my mouth.

Second, I think that Alan needs to raise his pressures. If CAs increase, it would seem to me to be a sign that a new titration for an ASV might be in order.

Best Regards,

Tech Unsavvy Old Fart

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 08:06 PM)AlanE Wrote: My wife insists that since I get 7+ hours of sleep a day I must be well rested and the fact that I am not must mean I am crazy/insane/stupid/hateful - insert your insult here. I'm really at the point where I want to just toss the cpap aside and pray that I die in my sleep. Extreme? yeah maybe but why do those that do not understand what we go through, insist we must be making this up? That we use the fact that we have this thing called "apnea" to justify a bad mood/lack of energy/insert some reason to justify calling us a sloth/lazy/expletive here - I'm about ready to give up.Dont-know

If you give in on CPAP, you won't reduce the spousal noise level. She'll find something else to abuse you about. Maybe she'll abuse you about the effects of untreated apnea.

Maybe you can't make CPAP work, and need to give it up, but don't fool yourself thinking dropping CPAP is going to fix the noisy wife problem. Let her obsess over the CPAP. Maybe it will distract her from finding something else to complain about.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the motion for pressure changes. I had air hunger until at 7cm. And it sneaks up on you. At first you are fine, then suddenly you feel panicky that this mask thing is NOT GOOD and you rip it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 12:40 PM)DariaVader Wrote: heyyyy don't be dissing on the technical chops of us oldies.... Bigwink

Bag-head What? Who said that?

(04-24-2015, 12:40 PM)DariaVader Wrote: It looks like you need more pressure, but your "CA" events were all in the early morning at top pressure. Did you have CA in your sleep study?

I agree that you need more pressure. I am concerned about the CA population, you will need to watch that. with an AHI of 20 it's no wonder you feel like shoe scrape tho Smile

They broke it down like this:
Overall AHI - 53.1
REM AHI - 42.6
Back AHI - 66.2
286 respiratory events:
- 134 Apneas - 109 obstructive, 25 Central
- 152 Hypopneas

(04-24-2015, 01:03 PM)archangle Wrote: If you give in on CPAP, you won't reduce the spousal noise level. She'll find something else to abuse you about. Maybe she'll abuse you about the effects of untreated apnea.

Maybe you can't make CPAP work, and need to give it up, but don't fool yourself thinking dropping CPAP is going to fix the noisy wife problem. Let her obsess over the CPAP. Maybe it will distract her from finding something else to complain about.

You're right about that. I think she is just now getting used to sleeping without the snoring!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2015, 12:52 PM)PaytonA Wrote: First, thanks Daria for taking the tech savvy words right out of my mouth.

Second, I think that Alan needs to raise his pressures. If CAs increase, it would seem to me to be a sign that a new titration for an ASV might be in order.

Best Regards,

Tech Unsavvy Old Fart

Agreed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alan, your minimum pressure of 5 with EPR 2 is not enough to stop obstructive apnea. Since it is clustered I think it is occurring when you lay on your back. Please consider raising minimum pressure to 8 and let maximum go to 14. If you need help adjusting the machine, let me know and I can direct you to the instructions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 184 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Struggling with the whole thing Billyaustin 1 372 07-23-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Does this thing work? enjoysleep59 7 2,104 04-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 612 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  Is Combination Therapy PAP and Implantable Stimulation at same time a thing? kpmccue 0 434 03-31-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kpmccue
  DME's yearly reminder (good thing I didn't have a mouth of coffee) elwoodpdowd 9 1,827 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Last Post: DanGagner
  I can't tell when there is pressure - good thing razormarsh 4 1,048 08-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.