Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So here's the thing
RE: So here's the thing
My next visit with the doc is in a few days. I'm going to wait to discuss that with her but I agree with the consensus that the pressure does need to be raised.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted. That is certainly reasonable, but you could sleep better tonight. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a 7.3 according to MyAir. I haven't pulled the card yet to check it in detail. I think I'm going to move ahead with the FlashAir purchase. If not for the cool factor then to satisfy my lazy side.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm right in the school of thought that your pressure needs increased. When I went for my sleep study I was prescribed a pressure of 11. Well, I set my machine to auto from 10-16, and found my best pressure is around 14. I'd check with the doc, and if they don't budge, I'd change it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to say thanks for all the support. Glad I found this board.

Thanks

sum it up as:
Hate-cpapI-love-CPAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan, on the graph you posted a few pages ago, you have a bunch of events early (21:20 to 22:30). Were you by chance talking to your wife with the mask on then? As a reminder, the machine will always think you are "sleeping" when it is turned on. It doesn't know to stop monitoring during conversations or discussions back and forth that a couple may have while getting ready for sleep. That might explain that long first period at max.

I made the mistake of just moving my mask aside when talking and blocking the ports. The machine thought something MAJOR was happening and cranked up the pressure to max. I got a blast or air in the face when I put it back on a few minutes later. So, now I use the off button during a chat. I usually ignore the first 30 mins of data because I'm not asleep yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 08:25 AM)AlanE Wrote: Last night was a 7.3 according to MyAir. I haven't pulled the card yet to check it in detail. I think I'm going to move ahead with the FlashAir purchase. If not for the cool factor then to satisfy my lazy side.

FlashAir = brilliant Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2015, 11:20 PM)trailrider Wrote: Alan, on the graph you posted a few pages ago, you have a bunch of events early (21:20 to 22:30). Were you by chance talking to your wife with the mask on then? As a reminder, the machine will always think you are "sleeping" when it is turned on. It doesn't know to stop monitoring during conversations or discussions back and forth that a couple may have while getting ready for sleep. That might explain that long first period at max.

That was weird for it to crank right up to max so early but I was sleeping. I am one of those that can fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow. Probably from being thoroughly exhausted by bed time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the wife was choking me with the force while I was sleeping? [Image: darth-vader.gif]

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2015, 08:42 AM)AlanE Wrote: Maybe the wife was choking me with the force while I was sleeping? [Image: darth-vader.gif]

Hahaha, being a female, I am tempted to say if she feels the need to choke you it is probably justified? Because us women are always angelic, you know! LOL!

Now on a serious note. The day I was issued my machine the Dr. wanted to set me up at 5-9 pressure so that the transition would be easier. I could not not breath at 5 in his office while testing the machine. The titration study had recommended a range of 7-11 so they adjusted the settings to 7-11. It was not perfect but it worked. Unfortunately for them any AHI below 5 is good. But I know my sleep was better when it is under 1. (I played around with setting it at 6-12, 7.6-12) The min 7.6 max 12 has been working wonders for me. My CA's disappeared. Before that, I had noticed on Sleepyhead that I was touching max pressure of 11 and then increased the maximum pressure to 12. It has been in the 0.0 to 0.5 range ever since.

Now, when I turn airplane off once a week so my provider can get the readings, I have noticed that the settings revert back to 7-11 and it shows a FFM, so I turn airplane mode back on, reset the settings to 7.6 to 12 and mask to nasal and I am all set. My follow-up appt. is not until September, but right now sleep is great!

Hope the above helps. Good luck to you. Ah, and remember: "Wives are always right even when they are wrong!" Wink

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 184 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Struggling with the whole thing Billyaustin 1 372 07-23-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Does this thing work? enjoysleep59 7 2,104 04-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 612 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  Is Combination Therapy PAP and Implantable Stimulation at same time a thing? kpmccue 0 434 03-31-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kpmccue
  DME's yearly reminder (good thing I didn't have a mouth of coffee) elwoodpdowd 9 1,827 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Last Post: DanGagner
  I can't tell when there is pressure - good thing razormarsh 4 1,048 08-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.