Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So many questions... where to begin?
RE: So many questions... where to begin?
DAW prevents them from substituting a lessor (cheaper) model/supplies
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:36 AM)AlanE Wrote: DAW prevents them from substituting a lessor (cheaper) model/supplies

So if we have the script written without the exact model number as suggested here, will the DAW really matter? or is the DAW to keep them from giving us a regualar CPAP instead of an APAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a sleep study in 2008 and my setting is 9 cm. i just had one last night and they tell me my optimum setting is 7 cm. should I adjust down or can i leave it where it is?

Thank You.

Richrjarvis101@aol.com
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, getting ready to print this out for hubby to take to doc office for script. Thank you everyone for helping BTW. Here is what I have, please let me know if it will work, don't want to bother the doc more than necessary.

Script: Auto CPAP with full efficacy data reporting, st to pressure X cm to Y cm, integrated heated humidifier with heated tube, masks to pt comfort and related supplies including replacement tubes, masks, headgear, cushions and filters. Dispense as written

does the pressure of 8 have to be in there somewhere or is the X cm to Y cm ok because it is automatic?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:46 AM)rjarvis101 Wrote: I had a sleep study in 2008 and my setting is 9 cm. i just had one last night and they tell me my optimum setting is 7 cm. should I adjust down or can i leave it where it is?

Thank You.

Richrjarvis101@aol.com

Why did you have another test? Have you been comfortable with where you're at, and do you feel the therapy has been working for you?

I'm a big believer in "If it ain't broke, break it." However, a two point decrease in therapy when you've been at 9 for so many years seems excessive to me, and unless you've been uncomfortable, unnecessary.

Finally, a "9" on your machine in your home could easily translate to a "7" on their stuff in their home.

Leave it alone, unless you're trying to improve things. In which case move gently down that slippery slope.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:46 AM)scoobiedu Wrote: or is the DAW to keep them from giving us a regualar CPAP instead of an APAP?

Right. Some machine other than an APAP model or some other model that doesn't have full reporting capabilities.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:54 AM)scoobiedu Wrote: Ok, getting ready to print this out for hubby to take to doc office for script. Thank you everyone for helping BTW. Here is what I have, please let me know if it will work, don't want to bother the doc more than necessary.

Script: Auto CPAP with full efficacy data reporting, st to pressure X cm to Y cm, integrated heated humidifier with heated tube, masks to pt comfort and related supplies including replacement tubes, masks, headgear, cushions and filters. Dispense as written

does the pressure of 8 have to be in there somewhere or is the X cm to Y cm ok because it is automatic?

Just perfect for your sleep doctor and your friendly neighborhood DME. Too complicated for your GP. By specifying the generic wording "Auto CPAP with full efficacy data reporting" and "Dispense as Written" I could give you any brand I want in spite of what you would like to have. A DME would do that, an on line supplier probably not. So it may be fine.

If you're going to put the pressure statement in there it does of course need values, which can be changed later if needed. But you could start with 8/14 for instance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 11:02 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 10:54 AM)scoobiedu Wrote: Ok, getting ready to print this out for hubby to take to doc office for script. Thank you everyone for helping BTW. Here is what I have, please let me know if it will work, don't want to bother the doc more than necessary.

Just perfect for your sleep doctor and your friendly neighborhood DME. Too complicated for your GP. By specifying the generic wording "Auto CPAP with full efficacy data reporting" and "Dispense as Written" I could give you any brand I want in spite of what you would like to have. A DME would do that, an on line supplier probably not. So it may be fine.

If you're going to put the pressure statement in there it does of course need values, which can be changed later if needed. But you could start with 8/14 for instance.

So what I have written needs to be dumbed down for the GP? I'm getting confused... just want something to take to the GP, have him look at it and write it as a script so we get what we want/need at the DME
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 09:35 PM)scoobiedu Wrote: R_G, would the doc just putting exactly "Resmed Airsense A10 Autoset, and for masks and supplies per patients request" on prescription be all that is needed?

Sleeprider, would the form from #1 supplier be something that can be used anywhere or would it only be something that can be used with that company?

The form is useful as a template, and really boils down to writing a prescription for a type of CPAP, mask and supplies. The form helps make the ordering and insurance process easier by providing the insurance codes and correct terminology.

A prescription can be as simple as "auto-titrating CPAP with patient choice of mask, and supplies. Refillable 99 months". Or, it can include details like specific equipment and insurance codes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 156 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.