Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So tired
Ohmy 
So tired
I have had my Remstar Plus M series w/ Humidifier for a few years but only recently (45 days) have I used it everynite. I usually wake up with the mask on the floor and try again. I am exhausted everyday. please any help would be appreciated. I no longer have coverage w/ my prior health care provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So tired
Have you tried to sit up during the day with the mask and machine on? Just wear it, get used to it. Get used to the feel, the noise, etc.

Also try to affix the hose somewhere so that when you take the mask off, it stays closer to you and you wake up to the sound of the air. Some folks hook the hose over head to a hook or over the headboard. Why do you use a full face mask? Did you try a chin strap?

I don't think the Plus models are capable of data other than compliance, though. So you can't keep track of how the treatment is going. If you can afford it, go to Supplier #2 on the Suppliers List and check their prices for 'gently used' or 'open box' machines.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine Plus model doesn't record any efficacy data (AHI and leak). You could upgrade to an auto data capable machine so it can adjust the pressure to your needs during the night from Supplier #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List but being tired could be not cpap related. In any case you need a sleep study to rule out other sleep issues
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ststeve, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! I'm sorry you are having such a rough time but I would just encourage you to keep trying, don't give up, CPAP therapy takes LOTS of TIME and PATIENCE.! Best of luck and keep checking back into the forum for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, ststeve--No longer having coverage with your prior health care provider I take to mean no insurance to cover a new sleep study, and they are really expensive. Your machine is the same one I used for five years--and also at a pressure of 8! But as Paula and Zonk mentioned, the old M Series cannot show you AHI (apnea) numbers or anything else about your sleep other than compliance hours.
If you can get your hands on an APAP machine, such as the ResMed S9 Autoset, it can not only tell you what's going on with your AHI, mask leakage, etc. but can also adjust pressures in response to your changing needs during the night. This type machine, which wasn't available when the M Series came out, can be used to titrate your pressure needs and substitute for a new sleep study.
Near the end of my M Series usage, I was also feeling tired most every day, and my wife told me I was snoring inside the nasal mask. After a new sleep study showed a need for a pressure of 13, up from 8, I continued to have the same problems. I was then able to try the Autoset as a loaner, and it found I actually needed pressures around 16-18-plus.
My first thought is that you may have, over time, also developed a need for a somewhat higher pressure, and without the possibility of a new sleep study, an APAP machine can help figure that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks all who reponded. I have some nasal issues so use full mask. I actually like the noise it sort of blocks out any other sounds. While it is true I no longer am cover by United health care I am currently waiting to hear from the sleep disorder people hear at the Tucson VA. My machine has a amrtcard on the back but from what was said I will assume no usable data is avail there. I will be seeking a better unit for sure and will boost my pressure from 8 to 9/10 tonite
p.s this is my first experience with boards (thats obvious)
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest only taking it up one point for now. Leave it there for about two weeks. Since you can only go by how you feel, it may take time before you notice any difference.

How's your blood pressure?

Oh, consider buying an oximeter until you can get a newer machine. Supplier #19 is one online place to get them.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Check out the review section here since several of us who use them reviewed them there. I have the CMS 50D Plus. Since I also have a 'dumb' machine, I use the oximeter to help provide additional feedback.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2012, 09:49 PM)ststeve Wrote: I will be seeking a better unit for sure and will boost my pressure from 8 to 9/10 tonite
Try sleeping on your side. Since your machine is not an auto or data capable, Read here before making any changes
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 193 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 134 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.