CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: So what ever happened to the Post Office
You could always use FedEx.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
12-20-2015 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

Yeah but at least it got there. Wink

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-20-2015 04:55 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

(12-20-2015 07:36 AM)49er Wrote:  The only major problem I have had is a medical report from a local doctor's office never arrived as promised. And this wasn't the first time something didn't arrive that was allegedly sent by them. I suspect it may be the local branch that is the issue as an office employee said they have had problems with the mail.

Other than that, in years of mailing things through the Post Office, I can count on one hand how many times I have had difficulties. I think they get an unfair rap but that is just my personal opinion.

49er

Don't assume it's the post office 49er unless you've had other issues. I've had doctor's offices flat out lie that they mailed or faxed something. I show up in their office and ask them to show me the fax data because I want to know where the stuff is going - it's private medical information, after all and I know all fax machines used in these offices keep a long list of the numbers called. They never sent it. I complained to the doctor and 2 people were fired. That was only 2 months ago and not the first office that has done this.
12-20-2015 05:06 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

(12-20-2015 04:55 PM)AlanE Wrote:  Yeah but at least it got there. Wink

DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
12-20-2015 05:07 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

(12-20-2015 01:32 PM)justMongo Wrote:  Now, let me get on my soapbox and tell you what I really think:
I think the PO represents all that is wrong in US society today.
The US is going to Heck in a Hand Basket.
Why?
Social attitudes and Public education.

No one will take personal responsibility; it's always someone else fault.
Lost is the work ethic of doing a job well.
A sense of entitlement without effort.
Courtesy is something from a bygone era.

Most postal employees are former veterans. Virtually all are in my area. Perhaps that is the difference between regions?
12-20-2015 05:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

You can say you will never use the USPS again but it can't happen. They are now delivering a huge chunk of UPS and FedEx packages as well as most of Amazon's packages.

Imagine you work for the federal government. But you don't. You are a federal employee, but you aren't. You get some benefits as a federal employee, but not all. Every piece of mail you handle is federal property until you put it into their mailbox or hand it to them personally. Most mail and now practically every package is now scanned and tracked but only as far as tracking what the employee is doing with it. The USPS is more interested in tracking their employees than letting the public know where their package is. And updating to that capability is far in the future. Look at rural routes. Some of the scanners here do not get a signal except for certain spots then send it in huge bursts. They aren't in trucks with up-to-date electronic devices. They are in Subarus and Jeeps and those pitiful LLVs.

The problem is not with the carriers. The problem is with the bureaucracy within the USPS. They have been on such a hunt for cutting corners, they've lost sight of what they are actually doing. For example, here in Asheville, we had a sorting facility of our own. Most of WNC's mail went there, was sorted, and was then distributed. But the equipment was outdated, poorly maintained, and poorly managed. Instead of fixing it, they instead closed it down and now all the mail here is sent several hours to the south to Greenville SC. This is in addition to everything they were already sorted. Their facility was not enlarged. They did not get extra machines. Mail is taking their, sorted, put onto trucks, then brought back to the Asheville facility where it is taken off the trucks, and distributed to more trucks which take it to the various post offices. The first delivery at our PO is at about 5am. Then a few hours later, more trucks arrive, and the steps are repeated. Another delivery comes to the PO at about 7am. At this point, the carries would be sorting mail and ready to go out on the road between 9 and 10 am. Except there is a third truck delivery. Typically, this third truck has but one or two "trays" of mail and maybe a handful of packages. The carriers must wait for that delivery. So they sit around, grab their handful or so at 10 (or sometimes as late as 11) then hit the road. But then they are punished for taking so long to do the route. Remember, this is federal property they are holding.

This December, word came down they were all to be out by 10 and back by 3. Impossible to do since they were also being told to wait for that truck no matter what. No way to be back by 3. So they leave the post office to deliver some of the packages and return. "Higher ups" hear about it and they get in trouble for "deviating from the route". Again, federal property not being handled the way it should be.

But each post office has a budget and post masters are rewarded for meeting or coming in under that budget. If the post master brought in the substitutes to run some of the packages so the full time folks can get back by 3, he would not meet his budget. But it is cheaper than having to pay the full timers overtime. So he does it. And gets in trouble.

Meanwhile, the carriers are all under more and more stress. People assume they are selling packages out of their trunks. Or on eBay. Or purposely misdelivering. People assume they are lazy and just tossing the mail wherever.

But they are doing none of that. Because that is federal property. And mishandling that federal property on purpose is not worth anyone's job.

That mail carrier/letter carrier goes to every single house, five or six days a week. And you want to know where your single letter went? You're mad because your hold did not end on time? You think they can keep track of all of them? You have any idea how many boxes they have on the route you live on? How many holds they have going at any one time?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2015 06:27 PM
49er Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: VPAP-S
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleep Weaver Elan Soft Cloth Nasal Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 13.6/9.6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(12-20-2015 05:06 PM)Mosquito bait Wrote:  
(12-20-2015 07:36 AM)49er Wrote:  The only major problem I have had is a medical report from a local doctor's office never arrived as promised. And this wasn't the first time something didn't arrive that was allegedly sent by them. I suspect it may be the local branch that is the issue as an office employee said they have had problems with the mail.

Other than that, in years of mailing things through the Post Office, I can count on one hand how many times I have had difficulties. I think they get an unfair rap but that is just my personal opinion.

49er

Don't assume it's the post office 49er unless you've had other issues. I've had doctor's offices flat out lie that they mailed or faxed something. I show up in their office and ask them to show me the fax data because I want to know where the stuff is going - it's private medical information, after all and I know all fax machines used in these offices keep a long list of the numbers called. They never sent it. I complained to the doctor and 2 people were fired. That was only 2 months ago and not the first office that has done this.

Good point Mosquitobait. It has been one of the most bizarre situations I have had with a medical office. Fortunately, I am done with the doctor so I know longer have to deal with the office.
12-20-2015 06:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

(12-20-2015 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  The problem is not with the carriers. The problem is with the bureaucracy within the USPS. They have been on such a hunt for cutting corners, they've lost sight of what they are actually doing.

I distill it down to what Paula said in the above snippet.

And I do understand that Congress privatized the PO but still holds the reigns. It's time to fully privatize it by contracting it out; re-competing the contract every 3 years; and establish metrics by which to judge a private PO.

Package 1 was misrouted: the tracking was accurate; but no one can explain the delays and intermediate locations. That part of the system is clearly broken.

Package 2 was not "attempted" to be delivered by my regular carrier. I personally received mail from him earlier in the day. What I contest is the PO saying a delivery attempt was made after dark and a notice left. Well, there's no notice; nor is there anyone on camera (which has IR night vision.) I therefore proclaim my belief that a PO employee lied. That person should be fired.

I'm in a large metro area. Amazon has been running their own delivery service in this area; but they only deliver if it's from a local warehouse. (Amazon had no physical presence in CA until they settled their dispute with the state and started collecting state sales tax.)

I've avoided going to e-billing and e-statements; but I think I'm ready to go for electronic delivery.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2015 07:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need post count of 4 dontwantapnea 6 312 08-11-2016 03:11 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  What happened to Retired_guy ? justMongo 17 1,826 08-25-2015 06:02 PM
Last Post: Thegirls
Question What happened to my hand sanitizer? justMongo 16 1,979 04-26-2015 05:17 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office me50 3 766 02-27-2015 11:25 PM
Last Post: archangle
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,035 11-22-2014 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help, Office 2013 Pro stopped working justMongo 10 1,852 07-11-2014 01:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Up on Windows 7 w office 2013 justMongo 9 1,650 05-18-2014 09:57 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2