Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

So, what inappropriate place have you fallen asleep?
Wink 
Silliness, I know...

Sleep deprivation is one of the side effects of sleep apnea, so it isn't inconceivable that many of us might have fallen asleep at times and places that aren't entirely appropriate. So,where?

As for me, I've gone to sleep in the usual places, doctors waiting room, church, family visits. The most memorable though, has to be several years ago when I stopped at a traffic light in Las Vegas and nodded off waiting for a green. Thankfully my foot remained on the brake and the honking horns woke me in short order, lol.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did a similar thing...

Prior to being on CPAP, I was coming home from a long business trip, late on a Friday night, and I had stopped at a stoplight about 6 blocks from my house. While waiting for the light to change, I fell asleep. The next sound I heard was a police officer knocking on my driver's side window. I opened the window and he asked if anything was wrong. Apparently I had slept through a stoplight change (at least one, maybe more). Fortunately, I was close to home and now fully awake to drive the remaining 6 blocks to my comfortable bed!
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh Dear........Too-funny

The list is long, well please close mouth lol

1. 70mph up a grass verge
2. Asleep at the wheel doing aroung 130mph
3. Many times asleep at the wheel including traffic lights.
4. Several times asleep on my truck at work and fell off
5. Fell asleep on my forklift many times with pallets 50ft above my head.
6. Planes trains and automobiles
7. while out walking.
8. every kind of waiting room including sleep clinic
9. while fishing and fell in Laugh-a-lot
10. In works toilet for 2 hours while managers and staff searched for me.

Oh and in my bed sometimes Laugh-a-lotToo-funnyToo-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

In High School and College I fell asleep while taking exams. Of course I fell asleep during class a lot. I have nodded off while driving and while stopped at red lights. I have dozed off while watching movies, while watching television, while watching baseball games at the park. The worst time to fall asleep is while my wife is talking to me. The next time that happens she has threatened to smother me with a pillow.Help
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
i don't recall ever falling asleep at an inappropriate time or place.
Post Reply Post Reply
My worst was I had not been using the CPAP for long and wasn't quite sure I liked it yet. I live in NC but my family live in NJ. I drove up for a visit and didn't take my machine. I was there for, oh, a week or so? Driving out on the PA turnpike, 65mph, fell asleep and hit the concrete median wall. Scraped the side of my truck, banged the front corner but freaked the crap out of me. I knew I was tired. I knew I should not be driving. But only OTHER people fall asleep at the wheel. I'd NEVER do that.

I was right. I'll never do that again.

Other than that, before CPAP use, I nodded off nearly anytime I was still enough. Red lights, stop signs, doc offices, etc. Probably the most embarrassing was at the checkout line at Kmart. Just closed my eyes for a second and zzzzzzzzzzz. I was snoring standing up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Its either... doing 120km/hr down the number 1 (I flipped the car off the highway, spent 12 hours strapped down for C-Spine precautions, but eventually walked away) Or next to the loud speaker at a concert.... don't think my right ear will ever feel normal again.

Oh yeah...there was that time at an intersection with beeping crossing lights....I crossed on the wrong beep. And, oddly nobody honked or slowed down or stopped. Fortunately I stopped just in time to not become road kill.

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I got the CPAP, I'd fall asleep on my drive home from the office, waking up only when my wheels hit the gravel on the shoulders of the road. Now, I'll only nod off if I'm sitting in a quiet place with nothing to do - like this morning in my Endo's waiting room! Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1. In SEVERAL meetings (in which I was the chair of the meetings) Unsure
2. At red lights
3. While talking on the phone
4. During face to face conversations
5. At work in the loo
6. Parked in my driveway after returning home from work (couldn't quite make it in the door...) Oh-jeez
7. In every theatre/concert Eat-popcorn
8. During every TV movie (a running joke with my kids) Dielaughing

YIKES!

Started CPAP not quite a month ago...still yawning in the afternoons, but I think I feel better Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-13-2012, 05:02 PM)Bazinga Wrote: Started CPAP not quite a month ago...still yawning in the afternoons, but I think I feel better Huh

It takes time to recover from your "sleep deficit"... give it time and don't quit.

Welcome to Apnea Board!

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relaxation Music for those that have trouble falling asleep with CPAP me50 8 1,861 12-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Olympus Has Fallen Movie cbramsey 3 1,736 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: britincanada