Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: SoClean CPAP cleaning gizmo
I just got my machine.. should I just clean all the parts the like tube and mask with soap and water?
Post Reply Post Reply
TomfromTexas,
Yes! Your goal is to remove any facial oils and body fluids that may transfer during use. Water that is no hotter than feels comfortable to the skin and a gentle soap is all that is needed. Some mask parts are made from low temp plastic (plastic that melts at a very low temperature) so using hot water is a No-No.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a So-Clean and I like it a lot. I wipe my mask with baby towelettes each morning to remove oils etc.; The So-Clean does the rest. I've had mine for over four years and there is no degradation from ozone caused to tubing or mask or machine. I bought mine when I had an older machine that left rain in the tubing. My concern was that wet tubing and humidifier tank might be a warm place for germs or worse to grow. Many feel this is overkill. My dme however suggested that warm water is a good environment for nasties. Think of mold in your shower. The So-Clean takes care of this.

That said, my new machine with a much improved humidity sensing device has eliminated rain in my tube. I still use the So Clean. I think that people who live in high humidity areas might benefit from this device.
Post Reply Post Reply
hegel

How often do you replace your supplies?

Mask
Cushions
Hose

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
so clean gizmo
double post
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my headstrap after three years of so--who can remember?--because it had stretched. I changed my hose after about four years, "just because". I change my swift nasal pillows every three months, just as I did before getting the SoClean.

Have you found that the soclean causes your stuff to deteriorate?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use the SoClean. Was just wondering how long stuff had to deteriorate if that was going to happen. Using the hose for 4 years does not sound like any deterioration was going on. Thanks for the info.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that ozone may kill germs, but it doesn't actually remove dirt, oils, etc.

To me, "clean" means remove "dirt," not just kill germs.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Soclean check valve keeps filling with water
Does anyone have a water problem with the Soclean 2 check valve? I use the new check valve for a month or less and then it fills with water. I called the company last month and they sent me a new one without charge. Then the same thing happened again. My Soclean unit is 2 years old.I have always followed the guidelines perfectly. For the first year of using the machine this never happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Soclean check valve keeps filling with water
Hi wnorm,
I think you are supposed to replace those check valves fairly regularly, but it sounds like you are already doing that, not sure why you keep having trouble with your SoClean2.
Hang in there for suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,745 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 148 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  csa machines cexer 1 124 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,888 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 204 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 403 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.