Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
(08-05-2021, 04:45 PM)djjf Wrote: I purchased the darn thing to AVOID the annoying routine maintenance and stupid me I used it as such.

It's not a substitute for the cleaning routine. The instructions even say so. Use of the device is an extra step. And it's unnecessary.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the letter Resmed sent RE ozone cleaners voiding the warranty .

January 8, 2020

To Our Valued Patient,

ResMed announced an update to its limited warranty that may affect whether you choose to use an ozone
device with your ResMed machine and mask. Please review the detail of this update below.*

ResMed user guides advise patients to periodically clean ResMed machines, components and masks with
mild detergent and warm water only. Some patients choose to use other means to clean and/or disinfect
their machines. With the increased use of ozone devices, ResMed has observed that prolonged and
repeated use of an ozone device may eventually cause internal damage to a ResMed machine, leading to
an increase in motor noise.

Warranty update: Effective for sales of ResMed machines on or after February 1, 2020, ResMed’s limited
warranty will exclude damage to ResMed machines caused by use of ozone devices. The limited warranty
on ResMed masks, with the exception of ResMed AirTouch products, will not be affected.

ResMed is not taking a position on whether you should use an ozone device. That decision is up to you, as
the patient, to balance the convenience of using an ozone device versus the likelihood of potential damage
to your ResMed machine. ResMed is reinforcing the cleaning instructions in its machine user guide:
periodic cleaning with mild detergent and warm water is all that is required with a ResMed machine,
component or mask. This letter requires no action on your part.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the manufacturer of the ozone device you are
currently using or, for medical advice, your physician.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone tried Sani-Bot? It uses ultrasonic vibration and users can use Sani-Bot’s cleaning tablets or vinegar or whatever soap the user routinely uses.

I saw a UV cleaner (not Lumin) on eBay that uses UV-C light that sterilizes equipment. Looked interesting too.

Personally, I’m not in the market for these products but merely curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
UV-C light can cause injury to skin and eyes so it should be used in a closed opaque container. It will only kill organisms directly exposed to the light and not covered by soils such as dust and skin oils or shadowed from the light source. So anything to be sanitized must be cleaned first. I can't see an effective way to avoid shadowing with CPAP components even in a mirror finish container such as Lumin uses.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased one of these a while back. I've used it a couple of times w/o any problems or issues. I bought mine on EBAY, and it was new in the box and heavily discounted. I'm thinking I paid about $40.00 or so for it shipped free. 

https://www.cleanzonenow.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my cleaner.

[Image: YFxKn2c.jpg]

Note that the Duck approved this choice.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SoClean Device
I'm new here, have been using my ResMed for about 6 months now and I love it. I use the nasal "mask" and have no issues sleeping with my mouth shut. Every morning I get up and immediately break down the tank and pop off the nose cone and toss them into a sink full of warm soapy water. After breakfast, I'll come back upstairs and rinse the parts thoroughly, then set them up on a towel to air dry for use later that evening. Every Saturday I add the hose to the mix and make sure its fully submegered while soaking, then after I set up the main components, I rinse the hose and force-feed warm water thru it. Once that's done, I grab the hose in the middle and spin it like a lasso to get the excess water out. Then I hang it so it continues to dry.

So my adult son also has the same machine and he uses a SoClean every day and claims its all that is needed. I have yet to talk to my sleep-study doctor about the SoClean machine and its value. I have read a couple of reviews in the review section and sounds like you either believe in this machine/process or you don't. So is most everybody washing their equipment because there doesn't seem to be a lot of dialogue about whether these machines work or they're a scam.

Mike/Mass
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean Device
Hi Mike! - Welcome
There is so much that has been said about the SoClean that we have a dedicated thread on the subject. I am moving your post into that thread. Please review the previous posts.

Also, Resmed issued a notice that states that using an ozone generator can void their warranty.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
SoCleans recomendation is to follow the manufacturers cleaning recommendations and THEN use the SoClean.
Once it is clean why do you need to use the soclean? it does NOT replace the routine cleaning the manfacturers recommend.
I have seen pictures of the DS1 filter submitted to ozone for a week, admittedly that is an excessive amount, and believe me, you do not want that anywhere near your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
No manufacturer recommends SoClean or any other ozone disinfection system, and most warn that its use will void warranty. SoClean is currently suing Philips because the manufacturer implicated ozone disinfection in the recent recall. Don't use SoClean!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.