Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
My wife and I have both used CPAP for nearly a decade. Once a week I wash our hoses and masks and tanks in warm soapy water for at least a half hour. Then rinse and air dry. We live in an arid region with low humidity so no worry about bacteria or mold with a once a week washing. We use distilled water which probably helps too.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
CleanZone
Anyone familiar with this CPAP cleaner? It's on sale for $100.00 + shipping. I'm interested in it as a supplemental device I could use in addition to hand cleaning of my equipment. 

It comes with a cleaning kit as a bonus. It's not like I'd be investing a couple hundred dollars. And, it has a 60-day money back guarantee I believe. 

It's simple, easy to use, and only requires a few minutes. Anyways, curious to see what you all have to say.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went online and found one, brand-new-in-the-box, for $50.00 shipped. That was a price I was willing to gamble on.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just a small ozone generator you throw in a bag with your mask and hose. I wouldn't bother with it but it's your $$
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2020, 12:11 AM)Melman Wrote: It's just a small ozone generator you throw in a bag with your mask and hose. I wouldn't bother with it but it's your $$

I figure for what I paid for it, and being curious as well, it was worth it. I tend to ignore the hose the most when it comes to cleaning it. It's about the only piece of equipment that I do wonder if it's as clean as it can be. 

Anyways, it's not a big investment and if it should give me a little piece of mind in this crazy world, that's a good thing.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually can see a very small niche for the ozone cleaners. IF you get a used machine during Covid pandemic, just to be extra safe, for one time only, submit your used machine to an ozone soak as a pecautionary measure.

After that initiate a normal mild soap and water cleaning per manufacturers instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Has any one used the Lumin Bullet UVC CPAP Hose Sanitizing System. This uses UV light to sanitize the hose. Still need to wash the hose with soap and water though.

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not. I want to point out that UV light, even in low intensity, will degrade plastics. In order to withstand UV light, all plastics have to have a UV inhibitor added to the recipe, and then it acts more as a retarder than a preventer. If the light was of any useful intensity, it would require safety glasses, and you couldn't be in the same room with it. Soap and water achieves the best result. It is cheaper, not to mention that you still are required to use them with the light.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Washing the hose with mild detergent will remove anything that could pose a problem. There is no need for additional santization. I don't think you'll find many proponents here. Save your money. FYI, I'm a microbiologist with decades of experience with medical microbiology, sanitization/disinfection, and environmental microbiology. I rarely even wash my hose.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I've always lent an ear to what you've had to say. I appreciate your expertise.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,794 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 160 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  csa machines cexer 1 134 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 239 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,907 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 208 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 415 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.