Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean2 Filter Cartridge
SoClean2 Filter Cartridge
I recently replaced my filter cartridge with another.  I shook the old cartridge and it sounds like there's nothing inside. I shook the new replacement cartridge and I get the same results-nothing inside.

Has anyone taken apart the cartridge to see what's inside?  What did you find, and, how did you open the cartridge?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean2 Filter Cartridge
nope, but would also like to know

from the web

activated carbon is the most common absorbent for ozone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2018, 08:33 PM)PoolQ Wrote: nope, but would also like to know

from the web

activated carbon is the most common absorbent for ozone.

It could be a tightly packed gauze cloth impregnated with the charcoal. That would be light and not rattle about.
Or it could be empty  Grin
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
The filter cartridge is finally opened, thanks to my granddaughter's boyfriend.  

I tried to attach a photo, but couldn't (too large), so I'll do my best to describe what's inside:  I pulled out a sponge-like porous insert that you can easily see through when you hold it up to a light source.  When you tap the insert on a hard surface, specks of embedded carbon fall out, reminding me of pepper, but slightly smaller.   
I was more excited with a prize from a Cracker Jack box.   Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
you can get that from furnace filters that have an activated carbon layer. 10 years worth from one filter
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 09:29 PM)DreamR Wrote: The filter cartridge is finally opened, thanks to my granddaughter's boyfriend.  

I tried to attach a photo, but couldn't (too large), so I'll do my best to describe what's inside:  I pulled out a sponge-like porous insert that you can easily see through when you hold it up to a light source.  When you tap the insert on a hard surface, specks of embedded carbon fall out, reminding me of pepper, but slightly smaller.   
I was more excited with a prize from a Cracker Jack box.   Eat-popcorn

My opinion is that "replace every six months with a $30 piece of plastic" is grossly-overpriced hogwash. You've already spent a fair amount on the razor; don't get burned on the blades.

I bought one spare filter cartridge so I could tear open the original one as a spare - as you've seen, it's not terribly difficult with a fine-blade screwdriver and it can be reassembled with no damage.  Inside is just that piece of carbon foam.

You can replace that foam with a piece of filter cut from item number B004HSOWRS on that big online site starting with 'A'.  Just put that item number into the search box.  Extremely inexpensive and enough to last probably for years.

My opinion of that one-way valve is similar - it should last a LOT longer than six months, and you can replace it with a 2-dollar aquarium filter.

Let me know if I can help with any more details; don't spend $60 a year on this stuff.  I do, however, like my Soclean 2 quite a lot otherwise and use it every morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2018, 10:02 PM)PoolQ Wrote: you can get that from furnace filters that have an activated carbon layer. 10 years worth from one filter

Do be sure to keep the spare filter material in a sealed, airtight container, otherwise it will adsorb chemicals from the ambient air and become ineffective over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The filter media is known ad reticulated carbon impregnated foam. Cheap and easy to cut and slide a new piece into the filter shell. 

You can also get cheap check valves on the A store.... for aquarium air pumps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,007 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 181 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,969 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,286 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 959 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  Adding a true HEPA filter to APAP for california wild fire smoke Stom 25 5,876 03-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: JLRINCT
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 873 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.