Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean2
SoClean2
G'day all
I saw an advert for the SoClean2 CPAP cleaning machine, and wondering if it's actually worthwhile buying one, even though it's quite expensive. Has anyone here used one, and if so, any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean2
To me it's like a solution looking for a problem. Maybe in a clinical or institutional setting there would be some value in this, but provided you exercise normal cleanliness and hygiene there should be no need for this type of expensive gadget in the home environment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Waste of money IMO, but it's your money and you can do what you want with it.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
My thought is this: If not using a SoClean allowed problems to develop with CPAP machines, I'm pretty sure the manufacturers would be recommending that we all buy them, and probably the Ontario health plan would include them. The manufacturers don't mention them, so I don't think they really help if you follow normal cleaning practices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Think about it-where do the germs come from? Air in the room, you breathe anything there anyway. Water supply? The same. From our hands if we don't wash them? They touch everything we do and eat already. If they do get in the "system" it is nice and protected, warm, and moist so they could grow there. Wash hands and humidifier tank, and hose, and mask on a regular basis and everything should be fine. Let them go for weeks or months, well would you really use the SoClean more often? Is your immune system compromised? Do you get lung infections easily? other wise.....personal call
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking around, maybe the Soclean isn't such a good idea. Sure it may be convenient, but the price tag, and the fact you have to buy consumables for it to work, kind of put me off. If the company no longer produces it, the machine is effectively a paperweight.

I don't think I'd bother with the Soclean.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Ozone smell & mask yellowing with SoClean2 pozowich 62 20,658 09-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  Is SoClean2 an effective sanitizer ? Eurika 73 17,482 11-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  SoClean2 Filter Cartridge DreamR 7 1,879 10-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Cooder
  Problem with SoClean2 mhardin913 12 2,784 03-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Last Post: breathingeasy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.