Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoSmilie therapy thread
RE: SoSmilie therapy thread
Last night she wore it for the entire night, using the N30i (she didn't like the pillows very much even though they sealed best).

No oxygen ring, but her AHI was 0.13. 

Thanks for helping get her settings right, Sleeprider!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This looks great, and leaks are well controlled until after 6:00. I don't see much to change at this point other than she is never going to need a pressure higher than 12 cm. Continue to monitor and make sure her doctor sees the effective range and settings including trigger sensitivity at the next appointment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We met with the DME’s … I assume she’s supposed to be a respiratory therapist, she mentioned a risk of losing her license if she didn’t set up my wife’s machine to the exact prescription the dr provided.

She didn’t want to see the Oscar data, but could see from whatever reports resmed gives that the AHI was very low with the current settings that sleeprider helped with, but the latest order from the doctor that was supposed to not confuse her still did because of the stupid respironics form with the max ps, since the resmed doesn’t do that and she “can’t just guess” … and for some reason the revised order had her *minimum* IAP at 12, which is 2.5 or so higher than the pressure that she maxes out at with <1 AHI. She seemed pretty annoyed, 1 that I pushed back on her changing things, and 2 that she was having to set it to something that might cause increased CAs.

Obviously I’m going to have to take some data to the doctor and get them to fix the order… again. ::Insert multiple facepalm emojis the forum must not support::
Post Reply Post Reply
An RT or any DME employee has not authority to make settings or recommendations inconsistent with a written prescription. Their job is to setup the machines, manage claims and monitor compliance for insurance, and advise the doctor if a problem is noted. DMEs are universally inept and unable to help you with anything but mask fits, supplies and billing. Just stay away.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.