Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Soclean check valve keeps filling with water
Does anyone have a water problem with the Soclean 2 check valve? I use the new check valve for a month or less and then it fills with water. I called the company last month and they sent me a new one without charge. Then the same thing happened again. My Soclean unit is 2 years old.I have always followed the guidelines perfectly. For the first year of using the machine this never happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wnorm,
I think you are supposed to replace those check valves fairly regularly, but it sounds like you are already doing that, not sure why you keep having trouble with your SoClean2.
Hang in there for suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank-you for your response. I wonder when the unit has to be replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply

If there is no water on the Soclean side of the check valve then the check valve is doing what it is supposed to, prevent the water from entering the Soclean. You must have your Soclean below the level of the humidifier and a siphon is forming.

If the Soclean side is dry just blow out the check valve and keep going.
Post Reply Post Reply
The so clean is at the same level as the humidifier. I even raised the black tube so to minimize any chance of a siphon forming.
Actually you are not supposed to blow out the check valve. I tried that in the past and water started flooding into the so clean. Once water collects inside the valve, you have to discard it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2016, 10:08 PM)wnorm Wrote: The so clean is at the same level as the humidifier. I even raised the black tube so to minimize any chance of a siphon forming.
Actually you are not supposed to blow out the check valve. I tried that in the past and water started flooding into the so clean. Once water collects inside the valve, you have to discard it.
You must have a siphon going, how else is the water going to flow?. In the 3+ years I've had mine I never got a drop in my check valve and I usually fill my water reservoir prior to the Soclean running.

As for not being able to blow out the check valve, I'll look at mine tomorrow. Blowing it out shouldn't break it unless you go the wrong way.

Post Reply Post Reply

As a final update concerning the defective check valve issues: I received a new check valve replacement from So-Clean without charge. I've been using it for about 2 months now without any problem. I suspect that some check valves I had previously ordered from an online shopping site, which shall remain nameless (hint: it's a river ) may have been old, damaged stock. Every valve from that distributor flooded after a few days. BTW, I do know how to set up my equipment properly without causing siphon issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First check tomorrow Equine mom 3 107 04-21-2017, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Distilled water vs demineralised water BHappy 33 921 04-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  How to make distilled water for free zonk 46 86,278 04-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Last Post: archangle
  SoClean 2 for Resmed AirSense 10 Auto Orionsnet 16 932 03-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Orionsnet
  [Equipment] O2 Pressure/Diverter Valve with VPaP and ClimateLine Heated Hose? gamegrrl 7 247 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl
  SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer jb1176 38 8,547 02-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Clay L
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 1,236 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh