Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Soft Popping Sounds
RE: Soft Popping Sounds
If you have the heated hose on the PRS1 it has a sensor in the end of the hose at the mask end that measures the humidity to the mask, or that short stretch of nasal pillow hose.

Ive run the PRS1 mode, wide open at 5, heated hose off, on my PRS1 Auto Aflex with a bedroom temp down into the 50s when the fire dies down at night with no moisture in the hose or mask.

With the heated hose on setting of 3 humidity and 1 hose temp no moisture either.

Im betting the moisture is coming from you, not the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moisture from breath (which is my original theory) is far too easy to happen in nasal pillows, if that is what the OP is using. Especially in a cold room.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the advice and comments. I'm 6'3", too tall to pull covers up over head without untucking them at feet. I've tried to keep the hose under the covers, and that works but leads to wrestling with the hose when rolling over. I'm also using a space heater in the bedroom to keep it from getting too cold. I suspect the best remedy is to get a heated hose, but Apria seems opposed to that and I suspect I'll have to get my doctor to tell them I must have the heated hose. I don't have nasal pillows. I've had rainout problems before, and Apria's response was limited to help with changing settings on the machine -- not a word about heated hoses as a remedy from Apria.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:10 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The P10 and its lack of a swivel made it harder to sleep under the covers, actually.

I do agree with that especially if you sleep on your back. When I sleep on my side it's about the same.

(11-18-2014, 02:10 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And no, unless you are zipping yourself up inside a ziploc sleeping bag, sleeping under the covers isn't dangerous.

That sounds like a body bag, in which case I'm not going to worry about sleeping lol.

(11-18-2014, 02:10 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Well, unless you also sleep under there with a farting Rottweiler. Did that once. About died. The smell got through the mask and everything.

Now there you go, textbook description of a TMI or over share lmao Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess im sorta stumped on this. Right at this moment my wife is and has been for a good while now running a PRS1 550 without heated hose in the PRS1 humidity mode at setting of 5 which is the highest humidity setting. We have a cold bed room. Ive run my machine in the same mode on 5 with the heated hose turned off.

Absolutely no problems with rainout or anything close to it. Kind puzzles me when I see folks running those machines having rain out trouble unless they are somehow switched into classic mode then yeah youll get rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 01:15 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I guess im sorta stumped on this. Right at this moment my wife is and has been for a good while now running a PRS1 550 without heated hose in the PRS1 humidity mode at setting of 5 which is the highest humidity setting. We have a cold bed room. Ive run my machine in the same mode on 5 with the heated hose turned off.

Absolutely no problems with rainout or anything close to it. Kind puzzles me when I see folks running those machines having rain out trouble unless they are somehow switched into classic mode then yeah youll get rainout.

Puzzles me too. I have had quite a bit of problem with rainout until I got good hose covers and started pulling any excess hose under the covers with me. I have the heated hose now and no longer have any problems.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:55 PM)CalBear Wrote: Thanks for all the advice and comments. I'm 6'3", too tall to pull covers up over head without untucking them at feet. I've tried to keep the hose under the covers, and that works but leads to wrestling with the hose when rolling over. I'm also using a space heater in the bedroom to keep it from getting too cold. I suspect the best remedy is to get a heated hose, but Apria seems opposed to that and I suspect I'll have to get my doctor to tell them I must have the heated hose. I don't have nasal pillows. I've had rainout problems before, and Apria's response was limited to help with changing settings on the machine -- not a word about heated hoses as a remedy from Apria.

When I got my new machine, I asked Apria for a heated hose. They claimed that I had to have a prescription from my physician. At the time, I was tired of messing with them and just spent the $40 online to get the heated hose. I imagine that they lose money or make less on the heated hose. Isn't Apria fun?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 549 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Recommended soft cervical collar? Ynot 3 358 02-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question Need advice with soft cervical collar DackJaniels 7 534 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking to buy Alaxo 6 inch stent (soft palate stent) tmoneyman35 4 759 01-24-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 373 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  The Miracle of the Soft Cervical Collar spudhorse 16 1,166 12-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 905 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.