Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Soft cervical collar: a tip for mouth breathing and chin tucking
My Mirage Quattro hasn't acted up much since I put a shirt on it! Actually a piece cut from an old tee-shirt. It protects the nose from damage and diffuses any leaks around the eyes into oblivion.

I still prefer the Optilife nasal pillows mask but can't always use it due to nasal congestion. It's very light and friendly and the price is another attraction, less than $60.

[Image: 20iz40n.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA and dude, thanks for feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 03:27 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Another mask that has worked out fairly well for me is the Simplus. I use it with a chin strap for the same reason.

I too use a chin strap with my Simplus. It pretty much solved my dry mouth issues.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have tried a chinstrap with my Cpap machine and ended up with the worst TMJ problem I have ever had.

I am interested in using a soft cervical collar, but I have a couple of questions for this forum:

1) can it be used long-term without adverse reactions?
2) is it suitable for side-sleepers?

I do wake up with dry mouth every so often (but I am told my numbers are good, so I'm not worried), but I would like to try something besides a full-face mask, which really didn't work for me (it kept shifting when I would sleep and wake me up). I have tried sleeping with a pillow tucked under my chin, which works until I kick the pillow out of bed, so I think the collar could be the solution for me. Again, I just worry about long-term issues.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
My soft cervical collar works fine for side sleeping but I can not comment on long term effects. Have not used it that much yet.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waking up with very dry mouth dclaryjr 4 182 02-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: MrsBrando
  Why No mouth leaks when open Mouth ? ICEMAN 10 319 02-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  Breathing Not Detected Johnboy 6 245 02-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed Airsense 10 - very dry mouth dnthomas 4 394 02-03-2017, 05:52 AM
Last Post: pupcamper
  What are the tactics for managing periodic breathing with OA? Beej 8 353 01-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Beej
Surprised [Treatment] How do I stop periodic breathing??? Rcgop 17 976 01-28-2017, 01:46 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 9 629 01-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray