Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software Choice?
Software Choice?
I know I asked this question in a thread somewhere, at the very beginning before I understood much about CPAP and i am unable to find the post so I must ask again now that i have the S9 Autoset...

Which software is better?

I have 2 MacBook Pro's using OSX7, an iPad 2 on OSX7 but I use a Samsung Galaxy G4 (android) as i prefer it to the iPhone, but I have also just recently picked up a really good Samsung Windows Laptop.
I prefer Apple but I wanted to keep my hands in Windows so I wouldn't forget how to work with Windows---i got rid of Win 8 and installed Win 7.

Given a choice I'd prefer using the Mac but as stated If necessary, I can use Windows if I must. Not sure if any of you access, or need to access your software vis a vis your smart phones. If so, I can access it via the Samsung laptop if need be.........

Hope that helps as i don't know which software I should be using so this way I can use either if you know which one offers the best results, etc

And do we use the Resmed software or another one?

T.I.A.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software Choice?
(05-30-2014, 08:09 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Given a choice I'd prefer using the Mac but as stated If necessary, I can use Windows if I must.
You need SleepyHead, ResScan does not works with Mac

The software gives more information but the machines display plenty of data too
Get the clinical manual, all explained there

Make sure Sleep Quality set to ON in the clinical menu
otherwise if set to Usage, the AutoSet becomes more like an Escape model which you don,t want
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, of course, after watching the videos on how to change ones settings and understanding that I WONT be using this machine tonight after all...LOL I then saw a link to software and where it is etc.

Sorry I guess I should have read thought it all first but I was excited....I figured I could get this all set up in 3 minutes

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: Make sure Sleep Quality set to ON in the clinical menu
otherwise if set to Usage, the AutoSet becomes more like an Escape model which you don,t want

Thank you for that tidbit.
Interesting as I now must assume many others are using Macs here as well for I have seen so many mention SleepyHead software.

Ok, I will have to go through and read it all again tomorrow as I don't yet know how I am supposed to figure out what to set my machine at, what numbers. My Escape was set at 13 but now this will change.

In any event, this no doubt not a 3-minute procedure Smile

/wonders why anyone would but an auto set only to make it work like an escape but figures this will all become clearer to me when I am setting it up

Thanks for ur help
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead software works fine on my MacBook Air. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the same with one of your MacBook.

Post Reply Post Reply
There seems to be a lot of things thrown together, using software is really just to look at your data. Your machine set up is through the clinical set up, ie. pressures and auto setting. Having the sleep quality on is just what it will record and save? As far as programs I have windows and can use both Sleepyhead and Rescan. Sleepyhead graphs are shown with better range but they both have the same info. You can change settings on the machine through rescan I think but I just use the clinical set up on the machine itself. As far as setting the machine if you are talking pressures that should have started with the Dr. orders. If you want to use the auto just set the min / max a couple lower and higher than your prescribed pressure to start. I hope you see where I'm coming from, it's not that difficult and I'm sure you will grasp it all very soon.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:SleepyHead software works fine on my MacBook Air. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the same with one of your MacBook.

Yes thats what i have gathered. The person I bought the AutoSet from suggested Rescan only. Hence I wondered if it was better than Sleepyhead but the more I look around, I see tons of Sleephead software on members info, hence there must be a lot of Mac users on this forum

Quote:If you want to use the auto just set the min / max a couple lower and higher than your prescribed pressure to start. I hope you see where I'm coming from, it's not that difficult and I'm sure you will grasp it all very soon.

LOL Not so easy. I keep getting distracted and lose where i was....too many new posts to read ;-)

Ok, I must buckle down now and get this done........... I think my number is 13 so I have to look that up to make sure and I guess i set it to 11-15?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Yes thats what i have gathered. The person I bought the AutoSet from suggested Rescan only. Hence I wondered if it was better than Sleepyhead but the more I look around, I see tons of Sleephead software on members info, hence there must be a lot of Mac users on this forum

I run it on Linux.
Post Reply Post Reply

On my Mac running Parallels, ResScan runs fine on a Windows virtual machine.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2014, 08:09 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Which software is better?
IMHO, Sleepyhead is easier to use and the graphs are more clearly presented than ResScan. I use both but generally look at Sleepyhead every day and use ResScan weekly. I certainly get all the information I need from Sleepyhead.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 728 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,077 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.