Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software Choice?
Software Choice?
(05-30-2014, 09:04 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:
Quote: Make sure Sleep Quality set to ON in the clinical menu
otherwise if set to Usage, the AutoSet becomes more like an Escape model which you don,t want

Thank you for that tidbit.
Interesting as I now must assume many others are using Macs here as well for I have seen so many mention SleepyHead software.

Ok, I will have to go through and read it all again tomorrow as I don't yet know how I am supposed to figure out what to set my machine at, what numbers. My Escape was set at 13 but now this will change.

In any event, this no doubt not a 3-minute procedure Smile

/wonders why anyone would but an auto set only to make it work like an escape but figures this will all become clearer to me when I am setting it up

Thanks for ur help

The medical mafia likes in lab $leep te$ts. The manufacturers work for the medical mafia, not the patient, so they put a dumb down setting to keep the patients from getting any ideas about looking at their own data.

(05-31-2014, 10:04 AM)ShelaghDB Wrote:
Quote:SleepyHead software works fine on my MacBook Air. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't the same with one of your MacBook.

Yes thats what i have gathered. The person I bought the AutoSet from suggested Rescan only. Hence I wondered if it was better than Sleepyhead but the more I look around, I see tons of Sleephead software on members info, hence there must be a lot of Mac users on this forum

Quote:If you want to use the auto just set the min / max a couple lower and higher than your prescribed pressure to start. I hope you see where I'm coming from, it's not that difficult and I'm sure you will grasp it all very soon.

LOL Not so easy. I keep getting distracted and lose where i was....too many new posts to read ;-)

Ok, I must buckle down now and get this done........... I think my number is 13 so I have to look that up to make sure and I guess i set it to 11-15?

SleepyHead still has some bugs. Sometimes the display of information is messed up. The author is working on it and improving things. ResScan is more stable, and has fewer bugs.

To me, SleepyHead is much better than ResScan other than the display errors. I find it's easier to find the information I want on SleepyHead.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software Choice?
Although I like Rescan about as much as SleepyHead, Rescan has bugs and must be restarted about as often or more than SH. I seldom restart either program unless it crashes or otherwise stops working -- they both run 24/7 on my PC (yes on Windows Server 2012-R2 actually).

There are a bunch of minor to small significant differences -- both are better at several things.

Rescan shines on reports and doesn't miss a day just because I forgot to put the SD Card back in the machine.

SleepyHead makes it easier to look at summary data or see the details of your events.

There are other changes to if your OS allows it, run both. Look at them both every day and you will likely learn more.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Its been a few days now and my Sleepyhead runs on the Mac OSX but that runs 24/7 and its fine. I just bought a new Samsung laptop, an $800 one new 7 months ago but I got it for an absolute steal and was just going to clean it up and resell it for a few hundred more than I paid but i decided to keep it as I hadn't played in Windows since XP and like to keep abreast of Windows.......so i only have the very basics so far installed on it which would explain why it doesn't seem at all buggy to me yet so as it is now, I prefer ResScan but i just find it clearer.......once I have more installed beyond basics like firewall, anti virus, malaware etc it might bog down but for now, I have to say i prefer the Rescan Smile

But ask me once Windows typically bogs down and I might have a different opinion of it
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to push Rescan more than most and agree there can be a bit more clarity than in the SH overview.

Where SH shines is in LOOKING at your actual pressure for event detail.

Rescan can do that but the interface is obnoxious and tedious while the equivalent SH method is intuitive, visual, and fast.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Man, this is all so confusing. I'd love to see (and understand) my numbers but have no idea how to do it. Can't seem to access the data (other than just usage time) on the LCD screen on my machine. I do have a Mac and am not good at all with trying to download stuff or whatever. I can/will find a way to screw it up!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 06:11 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: Can't seem to access the data (other than just usage time) on the LCD screen on my machine.
I presume your machine is the same as mine, 'Sleep Quality' need to be 'ON' otherwise if set to 'Usage' only usage hours are displayed

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 07:01 AM)zonk Wrote:
(06-06-2014, 06:11 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: Can't seem to access the data (other than just usage time) on the LCD screen on my machine.
I presume your machine is the same as mine, 'Sleep Quality' need to be 'ON' otherwise if set to 'Usage' only usage hours are displayed

OK, thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to do that!!! Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 07:15 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote:
(06-06-2014, 07:01 AM)zonk Wrote:

OK, thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to do that!!! Grin
Sorry did not come back to you earlier, I was sleeping and cannot post in my sleep Too-funny
All explained in the clinical manual, available via Email. Section three ... ResMed Manuals
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 Setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice, got it and thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried loading the sleepyhead software and my computer (Mac) told me it was unauthorized because it wasn't from the Mac store or something like that. Typical for me as I can't really do any of this download stuff and always mess it up. Oh well. Guess I'll have to let the doc read it for me. The only stuff on my LCD screen is the AHI and then AI. But I'd like to see the Central Apnea readings as that is what I have.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 727 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.