Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software Download and Virus Alerts
Software Download and Virus Alerts
Hi, when I tried to download SleepyHead, I get a warning from Norton. Anyone else had this? How can you tell that it is safe to download?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software Download and Virus Alerts
I don't think would be any problem downloading SH from Apnea Board, new hosting home for SH http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 12:41 AM)Dagmar1 Wrote: Hi, when I tried to download SleepyHead, I get a warning from Norton. Anyone else had this? How can you tell that it is safe to download?

I wouldn't believe anything Norton tells you. Last I heard it was almost a virus in it's own right. SleepyHead files don't have a virus in them.

This should have been posted in the software support forum.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and moved this thread to the Software Support Forum.

Dagmar1, please make sure you're downloading SleepyHead from the official download website (here), which is the one Zonk listed above. It's also at the top of every forum page here.

If you're downloading from the sourceforge website, that website is notorious for having "fake 'Download Now' buttons" that trick viewers into clicking on an advertizement. Many of those fake download buttons install malware onto your computer.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will make sure I am downloading software from the correct site.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 12:41 AM)Dagmar1 Wrote: Hi, when I tried to download SleepyHead, I get a warning from Norton. Anyone else had this? How can you tell that it is safe to download?

The version from the link at the top of this page (picture of a sheep and "SleepyHead") is safe and was obtained from the author.

Anything else obtained anywhere else on the net is suspect.

You should thank Norton. 8-)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 5 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,204 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.