Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software/card reader question
Software/card reader question
I admire those forum members who understand how to download information from their cpap machines. I have a S9 Autoset machine and I do understand how to access the clinician's menu. Beyond that - I am lost. I see the sleep doctor once a year and he downloads information from the card I bring him from my machine.

I would like to learn how to do this for myself at home. Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction to learn this information.

I assume I need to download software and also I need to buy a card reader??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software/card reader question
Yes, you need a simple, cheap card reader. Take the card to Best Buy or even Walmart and tell them you need a USB card reader that will read this card. You should find one for less than $5, definitely less than $10.

Then download and install SleepyHead software. I think, after all my conversations with you, that you will like the SleepyHead the best. The print is larger and it is much easier to understand. Less clicking to get to what you need. The download link is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Once you click that link in that post, it will start the download in about 5 seconds automatically. Select "Save file" if that option comes up.

After that, install it like any other file.

If you need more detailed help, one of us could walk you through it via PMs or emails. It really is easy.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, the card readers are in the camera department, not the computer department.

Here's the write up for one I found on the BestBuy website, one by Dynex.

Quote:Compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC and microSD formats

It's that Secure Digital that you are looking for. You may see it as SD if the box is small. SDHC would also works in terms of just letters but not any other combination, I don't think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much Paula. I had hoped my younger son would do this job for me over the Easter holiday, however that didn't happen. Since you have been patient enough to explain the procedure to me, I think I can do it myself. Computers and such sometimes give me a headache. I don't feel real confident with them, but I do want to learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might don,t need to buy card reader, if your computer have SD card slot
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. I bought my SD card reader this morning. Put my cpap card into the card reader and inserted the reader into my PC. I had already downloaded the Sleepyhead software from the link Paula posted. When I clicked on the 'import' button I get the following message:

couldn't find any new machine data at location given.

What do I need to do now?
Post Reply Post Reply
When doing the import, you need to click on "new location." Then click on the "My Computer" thing. That should show you a list of all the drives that are connected to your computer. The sdcard will be one of them. In my case it's "g:" In your case it will probably be "e:". Whatever, just click on it, then click "Choose."
Post Reply Post Reply
I followed your instructions and still get the same onscreen message :

couldn't find any new machine data at location given

When I click on the Data button at the top of the Sleepyhead main screen, I get the following choices:

Import ZEO data
Import RemStar MSeries data (which is my old cpap machine, currently using S9 Autoset machine but the SD card I use is from the old cpap machine)
Rebuild Oximetry Indices
Advanced - purge cpap data

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 12:27 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I followed your instructions and still get the same onscreen message :

couldn't find any new machine data at location given

When I click on the Data button at the top of the Sleepyhead main screen, I get the following choices:

Import ZEO data
Import RemStar MSeries data (which is my old cpap machine, currently using S9 Autoset machine but the SD card I use is from the old cpap machine)
Rebuild Oximetry Indices
Advanced - purge cpap data

Next to the "Data" button is one called "View." Click on it and check the selection called "Right Sidebar."

The Import button I use is an icon running down the right side of the screen. If I click on the "Data" button I get the same options you are seeing. That's not what I want. So do you see the row of icons on the right side? Click on "Import," and then try to find your drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so tickled.........it WORKS!!! Thank You for all your patience and your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 233 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,076 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.