Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Issue(s)
Oscar Issue(s)
1. I installed a second profile in Oscar, for my wife and her Dreamstation 2.

I made a mistake in recording her name, which was also the profile name, and found that there is no way to edit this, or delete a faulty profile, other than to delete Oscar and its data and start again.

Since this does not involve a loss of information it's not a world-breaking problem, but I imagine it's not a difficult problem to fix, either.

2. After installing the Respironics data to her correct profile I discovered that it had also bled over into my profile, which now showed a Dreamstation 2 in the profile, instead of an Aircurve 10 ASV.

My most recent data was complete and seemingly unaffected, but her data, albeit in ResMed form, now filled a 15 months gap in my ASV usage and I don't know how much else. 

I deleted Oscar and started again.

Is this a known bug(s)?

I have not tried installing her profile again.

BTW I am not a computer newbie.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Issue(s)
Was the SD card she used an old one of yours?

There is a delete profile function on the profile page.

Things can get confusing as the paps write their serial number to the SD card when you mount them. This it thinks all the info on the card belongs to the profile it's entered into.

It's always best to make sure a new machine gets a new SD card, or a freshly formatted one (FAT32)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 11:12 PM)Gideon Wrote: Was the SD card she used an old one of yours?

The SD card was an original from her Respironics machine.

There is a delete profile function on the profile page.

The Profile Delete function is actually there. I finally found it down at the very bottom of the page. Was this programmed by a gamer? It actually says "Destroy Profile."

Things can get confusing as the paps write their serial number to the SD card when you mount them. This it thinks all the info on the card belongs to the profile it's entered into.

It's always best to make sure a new machine gets a new SD card, or a freshly formatted one (FAT32)

Both machines are using the original cards which came with them. They have not been swapped or inserted into the incorrect machines at any time.

Thanks, Gideon, for your quick response. See answers above.

I have a suspicion that the profiles might need to be locked while the data copy is under way. The data loaded into her profile, while parts of it bled into mine, and changed my machine model in the profile, but not in the data file.

Best regards

Trevor
Post Reply Post Reply
Each profile is in a totally separate directory from any other profile. There is no chance of crosstalk.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suspicion would be that you have the "Open last used profile upon startup" option in Preferences checked, and you uploaded your wife's data to your profile accidentally. You'll find that option on the CPAP tab of Preferences, and it must be unchecked when you have two or more profiles.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible to change a profile name, but it's not particularly friendly... read here: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ofile_Page
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2023, 02:54 PM)pholynyk Wrote: My suspicion would be that you have the "Open last used profile upon startup" option in Preferences checked, and you uploaded your wife's data to your profile accidentally. You'll find that option on the CPAP tab of Preferences, and it must be unchecked when you have two or more profiles.

Or I still had the Respironics card inserted and when I switched to my profile it offered to import data. I don't see that happening but anything is possible, I guess.  :-)

If it's impossible for OSCAR to have a fault it must be my mistake, somewhere.

Then again, I wonder if OSCAR could incorporate a warning when the label on the data does not match the info in the profile currently selected?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2023, 10:07 AM)Trevor G Wrote: Then again, I wonder if OSCAR could incorporate a warning when the label on the data does not match the info in the profile currently selected?

That seems like a reasonable ask... if a profile already has an at least one associated machine then if a card is inserted for a different machine ask if you want to continue importing for that new machine.

It is pretty straightforward to remove all data for a specific machine from a profile using the Data -> Advanced -> Purge ALL Machine Data -> <Machine Name>
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 283 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 555 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 591 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 932 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 373 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
  User-interface issue jwest 6 650 07-29-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: jwest
Question STARTING OVER: CHART ISSUE/QUESTION Plmnb 4 526 03-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.