Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software options?
Software options?
I currently have a WinXP desktop without internet connection, and this android phone.  Do I have a software option to see my sleep data? It doesn't look like OSCAR is XP compatible anymore.

I think I can connect this phone to my pc for file transfers.  Failing that, I can put files on the phone's micro SD card and slot that into the card reader on the pc.

I might even be able to hotspot this phone to the usb wifi on the pc.  Haven't tried it.  Haven't needed to.

If there was an android app, I'd get a micro SD card and adapter to put into the cpap machine so I could transfer the files to my phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software options?
Hi DarrylM! - Welcome

Use the Win32 version of OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you. I was confused by the download page not including the XP os under the windows download button.

Thanks, too, for the welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could not hotspot my phone for my XP desktop. So, I downloaded OSCAR Win32 to my phone, put the microSD card into the pc and copy OSCAR to the pc and I get the following message when attempting to open OSCAR.

OSCAR-1.1.1-Win32.exe is not a valid Win32 application
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the links in that message should say to open it anyway. Unless the file was corrupted in transfer, it should be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only get an "ok" button. Which does not launch the app.

eta

I will try launching it from the SD card from my phone.

eta again

That also did not work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2020, 06:46 PM)bonjour Wrote:   Unless the file was corrupted in transfer, it should be good.

^^^ this is a possibility... either corrupted in transmission when you downloaded it from the ApneaBoard.com server, or when you transferred it from your phone's SD card to your PC desktop

DarrylM, I would completely start over-- delete the old downloaded install file and download it again, then transfer and try it.

If that doesn't work, I'd try the hotspot option, that way you're getting it downloaded directly to your PC and skipping a possible choke-point (your Android phone).

Let us know how it goes...
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
To verify that you have a non-corrupt copy of OSCAR, here are the checksums for the Win32 version:

MD5: 6839c618704bccc7e9bd95933de31ef5

SHA1: 7db1528018ea71766fbb998fa5d8e5bff2d03c10

SHA256:  3fd91279c517dd14095b30b473db0b044c89ad31c151877c7e1329841a2620e9
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the efforts to help. I don't think I have a utility on my phone or pc to verify the checksums. I can check the playstore for one.

Otherwise, my phone isn't getting hotspot authentication from my carrier, either.

I have things to look into. Thanks again for all the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2020, 01:16 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: To verify that you have a non-corrupt copy of OSCAR, here are the checksums for the Win32 version:

MD5: 6839c618704bccc7e9bd95933de31ef5

SHA1: 7db1528018ea71766fbb998fa5d8e5bff2d03c10

SHA256:  3fd91279c517dd14095b30b473db0b044c89ad31c151877c7e1329841a2620e9

I did download a checksum app, and it verified these numbers do match.

I won't be able to hotspot my phone until Oct 2, when I upgrade my service plan.

eta:

I verified the checksums of the OSCAR file on my phone's SD card, numbers match. But my pc only calls it an invalid win32 app, and doesn't launch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 617 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,006 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  OSCAR advanced viewing options dfunk 2 459 12-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Last Post: dfunk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.