Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Software that uses wireless technology instead of SD card
Software that uses wireless technology instead of SD card
Hello to all. I'm new here and this question/topic has probably been posted 100 times already.

I currently use MyAir software with my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I like the MyAir web admin... it works great and is reliable, but I would like more detailed stats. Sleepyhead seems to be "all the rage" around here, so I downloaded the software. Unfortunately, Sleepyhead requires the use of a SD card. I don't want the unnecessary hassle of keeping up SD cards when wireless technology is out there. I would like to find some "FREE" software that uses the wireless technology built in to Airsense 10 which downloads data after a night's sleep like MyAir does, but with more detail. Does it exist? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software that uses wireless technology instead of SD card
The short answer is "no". "the wireless technology built in to Airsense 10" is a cellular modem, which uses its EID to call the ResMed EID. There is no 'phone number' involved. ResMed contracts with the local cellular provider to use those EIDs to contact the xPAP machines it manufactured. Your local provider will not do that for you, even if you told them the EID you wished to call.

The alternative is to use an SD card that has both the memory card and wifi card combined. I don't recall the name of the favourite card, but looking through the 'Possibly Related Threads' list below these posts will reveal it, and how to set it up.

For myself, my xPAP machine is less than ten feet from my computer, so it's a simple transfer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the members use the Toshiba Flash Air II(W-02) or III(W-03) WiFi SD card. The W-03 model has more configuration options than its predecessor, the W-02. All the ones I looked up are either 16Gb or 32Gb in size. This is a lot more storage area than what you really need (2Gb) but you have to go with what is available. The advantages are: effortless transfer of your data, the elimination of SD receptacle damage from frequent card R&R, and forgetting to put the SD card back in the CPAP.

There are two free software packages that were developed by members of this forum to communicate between your computer and the WiFi SD card for data download. Their names are Sleep Master and FlashPAP. Both are excellent pieces of code making it a user's choice as to which one to use.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There may soon be a third. Whistle
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Got an itch somewhere, eh, AlanE?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2016, 10:07 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Got an itch somewhere, eh, AlanE?

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Shhh I can't give away all the secrets.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2016, 05:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Most of the members use the Toshiba Flash Air II(W-02) or III(W-03) WiFi SD card. The W-03 model has more configuration options than its predecessor, the W-02. All the ones I looked up are either 16Gb or 32Gb in size. This is a lot more storage area than what you really need (2Gb) but you have to go with what is available. The advantages are: effortless transfer of your data, the elimination of SD receptacle damage from frequent card R&R, and forgetting to put the SD card back in the CPAP.

There are two free software packages that were developed by members of this forum to communicate between your computer and the WiFi SD card for data download. Their names are Sleep Master and FlashPAP. Both are excellent pieces of code making it a user's choice as to which one to use.

Good luck.

Dancing Thanks for a very specific answer, Very helpful Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2016, 01:51 PM)AlanE Wrote: Shhh I can't give away all the secrets.

Oh, come on, /everybody/ knows about Gold Bond.

Rolleyes

Not that we all /use/ it; those darn ads are everywhere. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Helps with skin rash!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 625 8 minutes ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 435 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,195 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,104 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 687 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.