Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
I am new to this Forum and have read many of the posts. If I don't use the correct terminology, you can probably guess what I am trying to say. I am looking for answers to the following questions:
1. Is it possible to get the LCD (I think that is what it is called) light to stay on longer - on the ResMed VPAP Adapt?
2. My numbers are currently 6-20. The doctor lowered the top number from 30 to 20 after I complained that 30 was blowing my mask off. She said that my recent titration study said 20 would be high enough.
3. I was diagnosed with Central/Complex Sleep Apnea in 2009 and spent several years on a Respironics machine. After a night in the Sleep Lab in June 2012, my doctor prescribed the ResMed machine because that was what they used in the lab. It has taken awhile for me to adjust to it. Anyone else have the same experience?
4. I'm still looking for the perfect mask, but I will leave that topic for another time.
I'm very happy I found this forum. I hope you will be happy with me also.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
Hi maxdri, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum. I don't know a lot about the machine you have but hang tight and someone will be able to help you soon. I'm glad you found this forum; you will find lots of nice people and great information here. Best of luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2012, 09:49 PM)maxdri Wrote: 1. Is it possible to get the LCD (I think that is what it is called) light to stay on longer - on the ResMed VPAP Adapt?

I'm very happy I found this forum. I hope you will be happy with me also.
don,t think so but you can press the silver button anytime or have a small torch handy by the bedside table
you can also request the manual via Email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiMCz0Uy8JMaZASAE480O...1j2GmAfzVt]

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2012, 09:49 PM)maxdri Wrote: 3. I was diagnosed with Central/Complex Sleep Apnea in 2009 and spent several years on a Respironics machine. After a night in the Sleep Lab in June 2012, my doctor prescribed the ResMed machine because that was what they used in the lab. It has taken awhile for me to adjust to it. Anyone else have the same experience?

I think there are a lot more batwings and black magic in ASV treatment than in most CPAP treatment, so you may benefit from having a machine the doctor is familiar with. Unfortunately, not many doctors really learn how to adjust them properly with patient feedback and the use of the data the machine records.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone. If this posts, I guess I am loggied it, but I came through the back door, not the front. I frequently have trouble logging into this forum & I do know my user name & password. Today, I couldn't log in, but I had an email saying I had a message, so here I am. I'm going to Post Reply and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.