Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Solution for dry mouth
Solution for dry mouth
I’ve written before about how my severe dry mouth has kept me from using my CPAP more than just an hour or two. I actually had stopped using my CPAP completely for about a month because I couldn’t sleep. After much trial and error I’ve discovered something that works for at least 5 or 6 hours. Adhering Xylimelts.  They are made by OraCoat and it actually says on the instructions that they are safe to use while sleeping and for use with CPAP.  You put one between your molors  and cheek and it gently sticks in place for hours and stimulates saliva.  Just enough to keep my mouth moist.  You can use one on each side of your mouth if needed.  I am so relieved to not be waking up with my mouth glued shut!!  I couldn’t find them in the pharmacy so had to order them on line. They make other mints so be sure to get the ones that say adhering.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Solution for dry mouth
I started reading your post and was going to mention them, but I see you found them yourself.
I was not sure if you got those in America, but I see you can.
There is a lot of people use these over here and they tell me they are effective.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I thank you for this info. I have been struggling with dry mouth the past 5 months for some reason. Using these I am now going 5 to 6 hrs on my machine.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I’m SO happy I could help.  I felt the same way when I finally got relief!!!  They really do work.  Sweet dreams to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with you, Floridagirl! love the XylaMelts! They have two kinds--one has an acacia backing which really sticks well to gum or cheek, but some people are allergic to them according to info on the box. I was having trouble with mouth sores so I called the company (in Washington). They recommended the ones with a cellulose backing--they don't stick as well but seem to last longer through the night. I had to order through the company rather than Amazon to get that variety--you pay postage so a little more expensive. Now I don't wake up with a dry mouth several times a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I didn’t know about the other kind.  Luckily I am not sensitive the the regular ones.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 797 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,164 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.