Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise
RE: Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise
I see that I can buy an AirMini to Q-lite muffler adapter but see do not see how to purchase a Q-lite to AirMini mask adapter.  Is one now available somewhere?  I don't have a 3d printer but can machine things.  Would you be able to share a drawing of your adapter?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the aircurve with Dreamwear nasal mask for my nightly. Bought the air mini, a generic slim hose and the universal adapter so I can use my Dreamwear mask. But as noted, it’s 2-3x as loud and very hard to sleep with. I think I also struggle a little going from the curve (bipap) to whatever it is the mini does. I bought both thru the lofta program and do not have an ongoing physician monitoring it. The aircurve rocks, I’m all good at home, but really trying to travel with the mini. Any links to maybe quieter hoses I could try or this muffler I saw earlier? Will that work with my Dreamwear, thin hose and zephyr connector? Resmed can pound sand for building the mini with a proprietary connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought an AirMini for travel (tired of waiting for my Dreamstation Go replacement and lugging my full-size machine around). I'm a light sleeper and pretty bothered by CPAP noise so I've been trying to make the AirMini livable.

What I've found (like many others here) is there are two main sources of noise - the noise from the humidx chamber / exhalation port, and the noise from the fan being transmitted down the tube.

To solve the first one - I bought an "AirMini Connector by Snugell" adapter and am using a normal Resmed Slimline tube, along with the "Breas Universal Inline HME" to keep some humidification, used with my normal (non-Airmini-version) P10 mask. This eliminated the humidx chamber and thus that noise.

But there was still too much noise being transmitted down the tube. To fix that, I added the Q-lite Muffler between the AirMini and the normal tube. This made a big difference, and overall now I think it's pretty usable.

So the overall system is: AirMini -> adapter -> q-lite -> normal tube -> HME -> normal mask

It's not as quiet as the DS Go was, and definitely not as quiet as the Airsense 11, but it's livable for me.

Hope that helps someone!
Post Reply Post Reply
My problem is the noise coming out of the exhalation port. I've read this thread, but am not sure what the appropriate solution is. i am on the verge of returning under my 30 day guarantee. I am not a fix-it mechanical person, but can order the right parts from Amazon, if I could figure out which ones would help my problem. I use the Air Touch F20 mask on my Airsense 11 as well as the Mini, but am using the one from the kit with the HumidX. I called ResMed to see if there was some sort of deflector that would help and they had no solution. It seems to be the air hitting the pillow, no matter how I adjust it, that seems to be the problem. Any suggestion for an old gal who is mechanically challenged?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 209 2 hours ago
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 89 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,917 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,259 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 198 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 754 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 224 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.