TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: RedMed A10 Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: One that came with machine
CPAP Pressure: 7.6-14.0 EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Started C-pap Boxing Day 2014. Tortured sleep more or less since 2000. Trigeminal Neuralgia.

Sex: Female

Some Data; Please Advise
Hello Hosies,
Well my run of good nights ended when I started having pain and got a cold.

Here is my overview of life on the hose, thus far. I am not good at rearranging the display on sleepyhead, so if you need different types of shots, let me know, if you want particular days to analyze. I don't have a hosting account for pics so I may not be able to post more than these two today.

My "best" day ever AHI wise was the one where I'd put the pressure to 8-13.6 or so, but it super disrupted sleep and drove my centrals up etc. Too much too soon I think, So I've tried to sit with each change for at least 5 days no matter what the data says, knowing other things can influence sleep.

I did start back on the evil Carbamazepine about 5-7 days ago because my Trigeminal Neuralgia was getting worse regardless of mask chosen.

I have only had alcohol last night, 12 oz of my husband's home brewed IPA at about 9 pm.

Me leak "statement" on sleepy head is always that I have a small amount of large or leaks but am well below the threshold for machine etc.

I haven't taken any Prescription painkillers for the pain. (woulda if I had them) just
Advil. I have an appointment for a physical in one week.

Thanks in advance. Feeling okay other than sickness/pain unrelated to cpap. Feeling reasonably awake and refreshed. Worried that if my AHI keeps at this my peeing all night will return. Right now I am only making about 2 trips on avg.

Also what is cut off on the overview of settings etc, is that I spent the first 20 days from Dec 26- ? at 4-20/5-20 before I started wiggling things narrower. I also note that the redline on Leak Rate doesn't show in this pic. It's 24 l/min.

Last night if you note I raised bottom pressure to 7.2, I didn't do that until about 6 am, my numbers were so crappy on machine front I figured I had nothing to lose. I was awake with pain for a couple hours around then as well. It peeves me that I as on a good trend, and then pain/sickness has shot my number averages )-:

The Manse Hen
AKA Susan
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 08:19 PM by TheManseHen.)
02-12-2015 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Some Data; Please Advise
Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks

02-12-2015 08:27 PM
TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments: Started C-pap Boxing Day 2014. Tortured sleep more or less since 2000. Trigeminal Neuralgia.

(02-12-2015 08:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks

Thanks Sleeprider. I'm just learning the ropes. Am done in for today but will post here what you suggest, tomorrow. Thank you!

The Manse Hen
02-12-2015 10:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Online
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0

Other Comments:

(02-12-2015 08:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks

Actually the summary and overview tell you quite a lot if you go over them carefully and they show you things the daily data never will. I think that a lot of your recent increase in AHI is due to other conditions than your therapy. It does look, however like you might benefit from edging your min. pressure down w little bit but I think the high CAs on the last night are probably from your increased pain and maybe some other external influences.

Don't get excited. Stay with it. You have been doing well and will continue to do so despite this temporary setback.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 11:11 PM by PaytonA.)
02-12-2015 11:10 PM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

yes. it is helpful in a continuing dialog, when considering that you have stated that you feel a potential cold/flu coming on, that your AHI last night is not likely related to some wide swing in your settings. We see there is a history of high variability in your AHI even though machine settings were the same. Your adjustments on Jan 19 and afterward coincide with the elimination of UA (unknown apneas), but otherwise had very little effect so far. Your median pressure and 95% pressure both remain fairly consistent. Again, ongoing dialog indicates your plan to boost min pressure in small increments to about 8 cmH2O, and the historical overview suggests positive results are quite likely. The incidence of CAs has not increased, which is a great sign. I think you are running on the right course, just continue. Hope you feel better and the replacement pillows get broken in quickly.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-13-2015 04:03 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

My only comment? Too many changes in such a short time. You nor us have any idea what to advise because your list of changes is quite long. The longest time of one setting is 8 days.

Put it on a pressure range and leave it. Leave it for at least 14 days. Gather data. Let your life run its course. Bad days, good days, well days, sick days. See how it all goes. Just leave the pressure setting alone.

Look at your 95% pressures for the past 8 days. Are you hitting the max setting or coming close to it often? If so, bump the max up a point or two. Look at the median pressure. How far away from the minimum is it? If it is far away, consider raising your minimum pressure to being one point below the median.

Then leave it alone for those 14 days.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-14-2015 02:05 AM
TheManseHen Offline

Preferred Members-2

(02-14-2015 02:05 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  My only comment? Too many changes in such a short time. You nor us have any idea what to advise because your list of changes is quite long. The longest time of one setting is 8 days.

Hi Paula,
Noted. I do want to note that I spent from Dec 26th-January 18th with the only change being bumping the bottom up to 5 because I couldn't breathe at 4.
I couldn't fit the first 20 days on the screen.

Thank you for your advice. May I ask if there is personal experience or something you've read or been told along the way that helped you choose 14 days a the sweet spot for changes? I'd love to know more so I can be helpful to others. I know you've been at this a long time.

Susan
02-14-2015 10:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,373 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Question My SH CPAP Data/Results. Any Advise/tips? egzbuen 4 416 07-30-2016 08:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advise please - navigating US health system for a sleep study Carbon 16 1,112 07-21-2016 11:49 PM
Last Post: ED OF SO CAL
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 590 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
  please advise re:leaks Inspired 11 806 04-24-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Mask leaking advise nancy679 8 1,214 11-27-2015 07:42 PM
Last Post: nancy679
  SleepyHead illiterate - please advise zach 2 597 10-16-2015 11:28 AM
Last Post: AlanE