Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some Data; Please Advise
Some Data; Please Advise
Hello Hosies,
Well my run of good nights ended when I started having pain and got a cold.

Here is my overview of life on the hose, thus far. I am not good at rearranging the display on sleepyhead, so if you need different types of shots, let me know, if you want particular days to analyze. I don't have a hosting account for pics so I may not be able to post more than these two today.

My "best" day ever AHI wise was the one where I'd put the pressure to 8-13.6 or so, but it super disrupted sleep and drove my centrals up etc. Too much too soon I think, So I've tried to sit with each change for at least 5 days no matter what the data says, knowing other things can influence sleep.

I did start back on the evil Carbamazepine about 5-7 days ago because my Trigeminal Neuralgia was getting worse regardless of mask chosen.

I have only had alcohol last night, 12 oz of my husband's home brewed IPA at about 9 pm.

Me leak "statement" on sleepy head is always that I have a small amount of large or leaks but am well below the threshold for machine etc.

I haven't taken any Prescription painkillers for the pain. (woulda if I had them) just
Advil. I have an appointment for a physical in one week.

Thanks in advance. Feeling okay other than sickness/pain unrelated to cpap. Feeling reasonably awake and refreshed. Worried that if my AHI keeps at this my peeing all night will return. Right now I am only making about 2 trips on avg.

Also what is cut off on the overview of settings etc, is that I spent the first 20 days from Dec 26- ? at 4-20/5-20 before I started wiggling things narrower. I also note that the redline on Leak Rate doesn't show in this pic. It's 24 l/min.

Last night if you note I raised bottom pressure to 7.2, I didn't do that until about 6 am, my numbers were so crappy on machine front I figured I had nothing to lose. I was awake with pain for a couple hours around then as well. It peeves me that I as on a good trend, and then pain/sickness has shot my number averages )-:

The Manse Hen
AKA Susan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some Data; Please Advise
Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 08:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks

Thanks Sleeprider. I'm just learning the ropes. Am done in for today but will post here what you suggest, tomorrow. Thank you!

The Manse Hen

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 08:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Susan, the summary and overview don't do much. How about a shot at the daily detail:
1. event
2. flow rate
3. pressure
4. leaks

Actually the summary and overview tell you quite a lot if you go over them carefully and they show you things the daily data never will. I think that a lot of your recent increase in AHI is due to other conditions than your therapy. It does look, however like you might benefit from edging your min. pressure down w little bit but I think the high CAs on the last night are probably from your increased pain and maybe some other external influences.

Don't get excited. Stay with it. You have been doing well and will continue to do so despite this temporary setback.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes. it is helpful in a continuing dialog, when considering that you have stated that you feel a potential cold/flu coming on, that your AHI last night is not likely related to some wide swing in your settings. We see there is a history of high variability in your AHI even though machine settings were the same. Your adjustments on Jan 19 and afterward coincide with the elimination of UA (unknown apneas), but otherwise had very little effect so far. Your median pressure and 95% pressure both remain fairly consistent. Again, ongoing dialog indicates your plan to boost min pressure in small increments to about 8 cmH2O, and the historical overview suggests positive results are quite likely. The incidence of CAs has not increased, which is a great sign. I think you are running on the right course, just continue. Hope you feel better and the replacement pillows get broken in quickly.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
My only comment? Too many changes in such a short time. You nor us have any idea what to advise because your list of changes is quite long. The longest time of one setting is 8 days.

Put it on a pressure range and leave it. Leave it for at least 14 days. Gather data. Let your life run its course. Bad days, good days, well days, sick days. See how it all goes. Just leave the pressure setting alone.

Look at your 95% pressures for the past 8 days. Are you hitting the max setting or coming close to it often? If so, bump the max up a point or two. Look at the median pressure. How far away from the minimum is it? If it is far away, consider raising your minimum pressure to being one point below the median.

Then leave it alone for those 14 days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 02:05 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: My only comment? Too many changes in such a short time. You nor us have any idea what to advise because your list of changes is quite long. The longest time of one setting is 8 days.

Hi Paula,
Noted. I do want to note that I spent from Dec 26th-January 18th with the only change being bumping the bottom up to 5 because I couldn't breathe at 4.
I couldn't fit the first 20 days on the screen.

Thank you for your advice. May I ask if there is personal experience or something you've read or been told along the way that helped you choose 14 days a the sweet spot for changes? I'd love to know more so I can be helpful to others. I know you've been at this a long time.

Susan

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 226 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 310 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,169 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 523 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 732 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 3,003 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 980 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.