Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too Young For Sleep Apnoea?
RE: Too Young For Sleep Apnoea?
Hi Coleen
Being dependent on a machine to sleep is daunting and I still find it so I must admit. However when I remove it in the morning around5.30 or6 .0 and roll on my right side and doze I immediately start to make these sound coming from my chest, not my throat as my air way begins to collapse. If I roll on to my left side it doesnt happen so much... Imagine what's would happen if I didn't have my machine.

We have these thing for years before as a last resort we have a sleep study, like me.
My youngest grandson has had sleep aponea since the age of two. They were told it is like living next to a lead smelter as far as his development is concerned. He has had two lots of surgery. And now at ten is going ok. Needless to say we are all vigilant as to his progress. He may need a Cpap in the future.

Find a little wee mask ther are so many available. A young technition said her favorite was the bell pillow mask from resmed. It has ear loops apparently. It's all about the mask. Persevere until you find the one for you. Thank goodness you can avoid the health issues that myself and other have. Especially diabeties and heart disease. Good luck and you have my prayers. Sleepwell
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 4 47 22 minutes ago
Last Post: srpmccarthy
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 74 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,426 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Apnoea when moving between sleep stages? lindylou 2 472 08-11-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lindylou
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 842 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.