Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some Things I have Learned The Last Few Weeks
Some Things I have Learned The Last Few Weeks
1. The treatment of sleep apnea is a journey that requires a lifetime commitment.
2. Persistence and the willingness to try new things are two of the keys to success.
3. Mask fit is everything. It has to be no tighter than is necessary to stop leaks and adjusted evenly. The easiest way I found to do this was to fold the headgear in half and mark the middle at the top and bottom with a permanent marker which allowed me to measure from the middle of the headgear to the ends of the staps in order to adjust hem evenly. The measurements can then be used to readjust the staps as the headgear stretches.
4. Don't sweat the small leaks.
5. Get in a routine and stick to it.
6. Regular use of nasal sprays can cause nose bleeds.
7. The humidifier can be your best friend. Low humidity can cause nose bleeds.
8. Dry mouth is not good. Take steps against dry mouth every night.
9. I am most likely going to have to use a chin strap.
10. The Apnea Board Forum is the best forum I have ever been on. In the several weeks I have been using it I have seen no trolling, no strife and no drama. This says a lot about the members and the forum moderators.
11. This forum has the most friendly, most knowledgeable and most helpful group of people I have ever encountered online.

I am glad I stumbled upon this forum. Thanks for all of the help guys.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some Things I have Learned The Last Few Weeks
Great advice. That's a lot of important info that you have learned in only a few weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely said pup camper! Agree!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2016, 06:40 PM)pupcamper Wrote: 1. The treatment of sleep apnea is a journey that requires a lifetime commitment.
2. Persistence and the willingness to try new things are two of the keys to success.
3. Mask fit is everything. It has to be no tighter than is necessary to stop leaks and adjusted evenly. The easiest way I found to do this was to fold the headgear in half and mark the middle at the top and bottom with a permanent marker which allowed me to measure from the middle of the headgear to the ends of the staps in order to adjust hem evenly. The measurements can then be used to readjust the staps as the headgear stretches.
4. Don't sweat the small leaks.
5. Get in a routine and stick to it.
6. Regular use of nasal sprays can cause nose bleeds.
7. The humidifier can be your best friend. Low humidity can cause nose bleeds.
8. Dry mouth is not good. Take steps against dry mouth every night.
9. I am most likely going to have to use a chin strap.
10. The Apnea Board Forum is the best forum I have ever been on. In the several weeks I have been using it I have seen no trolling, no strife and no drama. This says a lot about the members and the forum moderators.
11. This forum has the most friendly, most knowledgeable and most helpful group of people I have ever encountered online.

I am glad I stumbled upon this forum. Thanks for all of the help guys.

Great post, and on #10 I couldn't agree more. I wish the rules about linking were not so restrictive, but I'll gladly put up with that in exchange for the civility.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2016, 06:55 PM)Dreams of Green Wrote: Great post, and on #10 I couldn't agree more. I wish the rules about linking were not so restrictive, but I'll gladly put up with that in exchange for the civility.

The link strictness is to keep our standing as completely noncommercial unassailable.... this is what allows the board to provide clinicians manuals without being sued out of existence. We are demonstrably an educational site.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pupcamper,
Great post, thanks for sharing. This is a wonderful forum with a lot of helpful information from great people.
keep up the good work with making your CPAP therapy successful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 544 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 221 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 59 1,304 04-01-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 161 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 209 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 730 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,699 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.