Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some advice/help
Hi guys!

I am 25 year old, obese and 16.5/17inch collar.

for 25 years I've pretty much slept like a baby for 8+ hours. Since early February this year I've been waking up multiple times during the night every night (not gasping as far as I'm aware) and feeling very tired all day.

I do snore quite loudly. I was wondering how fast the onset symptons of Apnea are? I've snored for over 3+ years and its only started happening last month.

I'm slightly worried about Narcolepsy but am hoping it is something like Apnea - I want to go and see a doctor but wanted to do some research first.
it's been getting worse for three years, so, there ya go Big Grin

see a doc, or google for at home testing, there's more and more options out there every day.
lets see for me I can say it was less than 6 months between not even thinking about sleeping to not sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time. Not sure exactly how long but if pushed I would say 4-6 weeks. Airway goes from restricted and snoring to fully closed pretty quick in my book.

Welcome to the forum mattyp!

It's good that you are interested in getting help for this problem. It's good because you are unlikely to suffer from the medical conditions that sleep apnea can cause if left untreated.

Make that doctor's appt!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Hi mattyp,
Yes, the symptoms you describe point to sleep apnea, but you won't know for sure untill you are tested.

Make that doctor appointment today, and schedule a sleep study. Smile
Hi mattyp,
I want to encourage you to make an appointment with your doc and arrange to have a sleep study done, so you will know what's going on while you sleep.
Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
trish6hundred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just diagnosed but headed back for 2nd study. Advice? Piggles 53 1,434 5 minutes ago
Last Post: vsheline
  Advice on NightShift SleepMelb 2 30 52 minutes ago
Last Post: Beej
  Dreamstation Auto User Need Advice Etchris 11 524 Today, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Etchris
Question First data download and need advice shylock31 16 407 01-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Need some help and advice for my wife doncaruana 35 913 01-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] New Script for APAP. Advice Welcome spholl01 5 285 12-31-2016, 03:25 PM
Last Post: chill
  advice for diagnosis steps to take odoyle 17 865 12-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: odoyle