Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some advice/help
Some advice/help
Hi guys!

I am 25 year old, obese and 16.5/17inch collar.

for 25 years I've pretty much slept like a baby for 8+ hours. Since early February this year I've been waking up multiple times during the night every night (not gasping as far as I'm aware) and feeling very tired all day.

I do snore quite loudly. I was wondering how fast the onset symptons of Apnea are? I've snored for over 3+ years and its only started happening last month.

I'm slightly worried about Narcolepsy but am hoping it is something like Apnea - I want to go and see a doctor but wanted to do some research first.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some advice/help
it's been getting worse for three years, so, there ya go Big Grin

see a doc, or google for at home testing, there's more and more options out there every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
lets see for me I can say it was less than 6 months between not even thinking about sleeping to not sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time. Not sure exactly how long but if pushed I would say 4-6 weeks. Airway goes from restricted and snoring to fully closed pretty quick in my book.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum mattyp!

It's good that you are interested in getting help for this problem. It's good because you are unlikely to suffer from the medical conditions that sleep apnea can cause if left untreated.

Make that doctor's appt!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mattyp,
Yes, the symptoms you describe point to sleep apnea, but you won't know for sure untill you are tested.

Make that doctor appointment today, and schedule a sleep study. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mattyp,
I want to encourage you to make an appointment with your doc and arrange to have a sleep study done, so you will know what's going on while you sleep.
Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 280 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,795 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.