Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some guidance requested on Sleepyhead data
Hello everyone.  I have finally gotten around to posting some data from Sleepyhead.  I have been hanging about and absorbing as much information as I can over the past 2-3 weeks and I've been making some small incremental changes based on what I have gleaned from the conversations. 

The first screenshot of my results last night seem to be really good for me as far as the AHI goes, but I am a bit concerned about the jumps in pressure.  Though there weren't too many events so it was definitely a good night.  My EPR was set at 2  as it is for most nights.  Ramp was turned off.

[Image: D3iKkWkl.png]

My second screenshot was from the night before.  I always tend to get slightly higher results when I have a beer or two.  I never drink more than that but it definitely does make my AHI numbers creep up I've noticed.

[Image: aWlOCqQl.png]

Anyhow.  I am hoping for advice on what I am doing wrong and how I could make some improvements to the settings I have.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should post your data, from Imgur. It will make it much easier to read the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having some issues posting in the correct fomat before.  Should be all correct now.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

G'day Marillion. Both nights look pretty good, though as you say, a couple of drinks can make a difference. The pressure jumps are in response to actual apneas or precursors such as snoring. You are experiencing a few central apneas after the pressure jumps, so it might be an idea to smooth out the pressure a bit. I'd leave the maximum where it is and consider bumping up the minimum by a cm or so. This should prevent snoring and in turn avoid the pressure jumps.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly what was thinking too! I'm so glad I was on the right track. Should I leave EPR at 2 or decrease by 1?

Oh and g'day to you too! What d'ya know? My aussie friend asks me that all the time. It's great! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You should only make one change at a time. I'd increase the minimum pressure and monitor that. If you're comfortable with the EPR where it is then leave it for now.

I was listening in to the JFK air traffic control a few years ago - all the controllers there say G'day too!
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you.  I'll do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2017, 03:55 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: You should only make one change at a time. I'd increase the minimum pressure and monitor that. If you're comfortable with the EPR where it is then leave it for now.
That was some "DEEP" insight --- thanks
Especially when your numbers are this good, and then only small changes.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  previously diagnosed, expertise requested for data interpretation nappyhair2 21 584 11-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: nappyhair2
  Oximetry Without Inputting Data Into SleepyHead? VisitorX 7 189 11-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Last Post: VisitorX
  [CPAP] Guidance required, 10+ months and no progress! antstephenson 21 846 10-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: antstephenson
Information [Diagnosis] Help evaluating SleepyHead data LeeKopp 7 429 10-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: LeeKopp
  New to CPAP, need help understanding SleepyHead data bricked 8 399 10-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bricked
  Interpret Sleepyhead Data FozzyDaBear 1 172 10-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] New to Forums, Looking for a bit of guidance superpowersleep 3 137 10-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Last Post: superpowersleep