Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some guidance requested on Sleepyhead data
Some guidance requested on Sleepyhead data
Hello everyone.  I have finally gotten around to posting some data from Sleepyhead.  I have been hanging about and absorbing as much information as I can over the past 2-3 weeks and I've been making some small incremental changes based on what I have gleaned from the conversations. 

The first screenshot of my results last night seem to be really good for me as far as the AHI goes, but I am a bit concerned about the jumps in pressure.  Though there weren't too many events so it was definitely a good night.  My EPR was set at 2  as it is for most nights.  Ramp was turned off.

[Image: D3iKkWkl.png]

My second screenshot was from the night before.  I always tend to get slightly higher results when I have a beer or two.  I never drink more than that but it definitely does make my AHI numbers creep up I've noticed.

[Image: aWlOCqQl.png]

Anyhow.  I am hoping for advice on what I am doing wrong and how I could make some improvements to the settings I have.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some guidance requested on Sleepyhead data
I think you should post your data, from Imgur. It will make it much easier to read the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having some issues posting in the correct fomat before.  Should be all correct now.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Marillion. Both nights look pretty good, though as you say, a couple of drinks can make a difference. The pressure jumps are in response to actual apneas or precursors such as snoring. You are experiencing a few central apneas after the pressure jumps, so it might be an idea to smooth out the pressure a bit. I'd leave the maximum where it is and consider bumping up the minimum by a cm or so. This should prevent snoring and in turn avoid the pressure jumps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly what was thinking too! I'm so glad I was on the right track. Should I leave EPR at 2 or decrease by 1?

Oh and g'day to you too! What d'ya know? My aussie friend asks me that all the time. It's great! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You should only make one change at a time. I'd increase the minimum pressure and monitor that. If you're comfortable with the EPR where it is then leave it for now.

I was listening in to the JFK air traffic control a few years ago - all the controllers there say G'day too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I'll do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2017, 03:55 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: You should only make one change at a time. I'd increase the minimum pressure and monitor that. If you're comfortable with the EPR where it is then leave it for now.
That was some "DEEP" insight --- thanks
Especially when your numbers are this good, and then only small changes.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 103 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 894 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 467 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 646 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 178 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 208 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,480 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.