Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S-9 Auto -- set up (pressure problem)
RE: ResMed S-9 Auto -- set up (pressure problem)
From S9 clinical manual: SD card
The SD card allows S9 devices to capture data. The S9 Series comes with the SD card already inserted and ready to be used.
Compliance data is also stored on the device, so if the card is lost, the data is not.
You can also create new treatment settings and transfer them to the patient’s device via the SD card.
S9 device settings are written to the SD card so that a ResMed PC application will present actual settings from the SD card rather than default values.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 04:41 PM)acc Wrote: I've been very hesitant to take out the SD card. ... Does taking them out make them need to be re-programed.

No, removing the card should not affect the SD card. But be careful not to touch any metal connections, because even a tiny amount of static electricity which is too small to cause a spark (and too small to feel) may be able to damage the card.

Also, powering down the machine when it is reading or writing to the card may damage it. I usually do not turn off the machine until the Cool Down period has been completed, which I think is about 10 or 20 minutes after therapy has ended, just to be sure no more writing to the card is underway.

Supplier #2 sells a basic mechanical manometer for $35. I suppose there are digital manometers which would be more accurate but more expensive. But the basic mechanical one would be fine for using to compare the pressures delivered by your two machines. Absolute accuracy to the fraction of a cm H2O in pressure is not needed if you just want to see how different one S9 machine's pressure is compared to another. Good luck in tracking down the issue.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 12:40 PM)justMongo Wrote: Perhaps a defective machine. That's a risk when buying from an individual.

If the machine was manufactured less than 27 months ago then ResMed will repair or replace for free under the original warrantee.

However, ResMed only accepts warrantee returns from DME companies, not from individual owners. Any DME company can get a faulty unit replaced; it does NOT need to be the original DME who purchased/sold the unit.

The current owner of the faulty unit can call ResMed Customer Service and tell ResMed the REF# and Serial #, and ResMed will let the owner know whether the unit is still under warrantee. If it is, then any helpful DME company (hopefully the one we are buying our supplies from) can call up ResMed and do a few troubleshooting steps over the phone and be given an RMA number as authorization to return the unit to ResMed for free repair. The present owner does not need to show a sales receipt or anything like that.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the input. It has been most helpful. We won't panic about the SD card.

I also tried to download the Sleepyhead software. It didn't download properly, so will try again. I'm not really concerned about the data as long as I can sleep at night.

After switching the machines around, we found the water container seal was not tight on the replacement machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2014, 10:34 AM)acc Wrote: After switching the machines around, we found the water container seal was not tight on the replacement machine.

The ResMed S9 humidifier lid gasket is a replaceable/orderable item. I think a ResMed recommends replacing the lid gasket occasionally, like maybe annually.

It is REF number 36892, H5i Flip Lid Seal. For example, Supplier #1 has this for about $8 US. (Link to Supplier List is at top of all forum pages.)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 10:44 PM)vsheline Wrote: Also, powering down the machine when it is reading or writing to the card may damage it.

Removing the card while data is being written may corrupt the data, but it's very unlikely to cause damage to the hardware. You might need to reformat the card if you take it out while it's being written.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.