Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some more questions
RE: Some more questions
(01-26-2015, 11:32 AM)BigEars Wrote: Sparkle, your OSA was probably causing you to fall into a shallower sleep whenever you were roused by an event. It would be easier to be awakened from this lighter sleep by external noise.

Now your therapy allows for a more normal sleep pattern, you are probably asleep to deeply to be roused by minor disturbance.

Thank you - that has got to be the case. I remember one time not really all that long ago - maybe four years? - there was a huge thunderstorm that my kids said "shook the timbers of the house" and I slept right through the whole thing.

The noise disturbance had gotten so problematic that I was considering selling my place and moving elsewhere! I'm glad I didn't get to that extreme! Imagine learning after I had moved - that it was sleep apnea and not the location!?! I would have been very upset.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sparkle,
Just a reminder, Sleepyhead doesn't yet work for the A10 Autoset. Your only choice right now to my knowledge is ResScan. You won't overwrite your card if you slide the lock on it before you put it in, but that doesn't mean you can't forget to slide it and then overwrite...

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 02:13 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Hi Sparkle,
Just a reminder, Sleepyhead doesn't yet work for the A10 Autoset. Your only choice right now to my knowledge is ResScan. You won't overwrite your card if you slide the lock on it before you put it in, but that doesn't mean you can't forget to slide it and then overwrite...

Susan

Thank you - but can you clarify what you mean by "can't forget to slide it and then overwrite..." do you mean if I don't slide the lock it doesn't necessarily mean it will get overwritten?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 02:13 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Just a reminder, Sleepyhead doesn't yet work for the A10 Autoset.

To my knowledge Sleepyhead, version 0.9.8.1-testing, will work fine with the AS10's.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 02:39 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 02:13 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Just a reminder, Sleepyhead doesn't yet work for the A10 Autoset.

To my knowledge Sleepyhead, version 0.9.8.1-testing, will work fine with the AS10's.

The testing versions can be found here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

The testing versions are confirmed to work with ResMed AirSense & AirCurve 10 machines.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 05:16 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 02:39 PM)sgearhart Wrote:

The testing versions can be found here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

The testing versions are confirmed to work with ResMed AirSense & AirCurve 10 machines.

Coffee

Yes, It works just fine!, Awesome program!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know. When I first checked into it they didn't have the A10 listed, now they do! Will give it a try myself as perhaps it will be easier to share files with etc than the ResScan.

Thanks
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Sparkle,
I am not a geek person though I am a tad geeky. The programs themselves give a warning to be sure to put one's sd card in the locked position when inserting into the computer for 100 percent safety that one won't over ride their data.

I was a little afraid too, thinking, what if it ruins my compliance data and I get in trouble with insurance etc, but that simple data goes to the folk via the machine directly, not via our cards. The card is a good back-up of course.

I've gotten in the habit of transferring my card to laptop and just always putting that slider on lock and then unlock when back in the machine.

I was told I think by Sgearheart, about a special SD card one can get, that will send the data wirelessly, so that gives another layer of protection as you won't be taking card in and out of your machine, and it eliminates risk of forgetting to put it back in your machine.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 06:05 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I am not a geek person though I am a tad geeky. The programs themselves give a warning to be sure to put one's sd card in the locked position when inserting into the computer for 100 percent safety that one won't over ride their data.

I was a little afraid too, thinking, what if it ruins my compliance data and I get in trouble with insurance etc, but that simple data goes to the folk via the machine directly, not via our cards. The card is a good back-up of course.

I've gotten in the habit of transferring my card to laptop and just always putting that slider on lock and then unlock when back in the machine.

Locking (write protecting) the card is safety insurance. Sleepyhead will not write anything to the SD card. The problem child is Micro$oft Win8.1. Unless you disable the feature, it will try to write system volume information to the SD card. Resmed machines do not like this!

(01-26-2015, 06:05 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I was told I think by Sgearheart, about a special SD card one can get, that will send the data wirelessly, so that gives another layer of protection as you won't be taking card in and out of your machine, and it eliminates risk of forgetting to put it back in your machine.

Here is the link to Sleep Master.org. He lists which wireless SD cards will work with his software. They are listed under the "Features" button.
http://www.sleepmaster.org/home.html
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll take a stab at your first two questions.

1) I've been on CPAP for about 2.5 months. For me, the progress has been slow and steady. My AHI in the sleep study was 41, and it is now below 3 most nights. I have kept a daily sleep journal for several years. I rate my sleep quality on a scale of 1-5, based on how I felt the following day (1=lousy, 5=great). I find that I am now having more 4-5 days and fewer 1-2 days, and it keeps getting better, albeit slowly. So hang in there and don't give up. According to my sleep Dr., some patients respond faster than others to the therapy, but almost everyone with beginning AHI numbers in my range do improve.

2) I used to think I was a light sleeper until I got married. Often, my wife (now ex) would get up, shower, dress and put on the coffee without my waking up. I always sleep with the windows wide open (SoCal), and I live on a canyon with lots of night critters. One night I turned on my sound-activated tape recorder at bedtime. The next morning, it was filled with godawful screeches and yelps, and I was amazed that I slept through it. Who knew?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.