Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some more questions
RE: Some more questions
(01-26-2015, 09:37 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I'll take a stab at your first two questions.

1) I've been on CPAP for about 2.5 months. For me, the progress has been slow and steady. My AHI in the sleep study was 41, and it is now below 3 most nights. I have kept a daily sleep journal for several years. I rate my sleep quality on a scale of 1-5, based on how I felt the following day (1=lousy, 5=great). I find that I am now having more 4-5 days and fewer 1-2 days, and it keeps getting better, albeit slowly. So hang in there and don't give up. According to my sleep Dr., some patients respond faster than others to the therapy, but almost everyone with beginning AHI numbers in my range do improve.

2) I used to think I was a light sleeper until I got married. Often, my wife (now ex) would get up, shower, dress and put on the coffee without my waking up. I always sleep with the windows wide open (SoCal), and I live on a canyon with lots of night critters. One night I turned on my sound-activated tape recorder at bedtime. The next morning, it was filled with godawful screeches and yelps, and I was amazed that I slept through it. Who knew?

Thank you - this is very helpful. I keep a journal too. I wish I kept one before. As I think back I've been having terrible sleep for about 2-3 years and it is only now that I realize how bad it is as I recognize the sleep I am now getting is more like the sleep I used to have pre-diagnosis.

Today I am feeling the best I've felt - I'm looking at the clock now and it is nearly 10PM. I'd like to commit to getting a solid 7.5 hours of sleep at night which means I have to be in bed by 10:30 - as time goes on and I feel better that will be hard to do as I love to stay up late Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 10:34 AM)Sparkle Wrote: I am dying to try the software but am a little hesitant. One of these days soon I will get the nerve to put the datacard in my computer and see if I can get either ResScan or SleepyHead to work - I am afraid of ruining the SD card by accidentally overwriting it.

Thank you!

The compliance data will still be on the machine even if the SD card is damaged.

I'm not sure, but I think the AirSense 10 machines aren't affected by the S9 design flaw that make them reject the SD card once windows 8.1 messes with it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2015, 09:37 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I'll take a stab at your first two questions.

1) I've been on CPAP for about 2.5 months. For me, the progress has been slow and steady. My AHI in the sleep study was 41, and it is now below 3 most nights. I have kept a daily sleep journal for several years. I rate my sleep quality on a scale of 1-5, based on how I felt the following day (1=lousy, 5=great). I find that I am now having more 4-5 days and fewer 1-2 days, and it keeps getting better, albeit slowly. So hang in there and don't give up. According to my sleep Dr., some patients respond faster than others to the therapy, but almost everyone with beginning AHI numbers in my range do improve.

2) I used to think I was a light sleeper until I got married. Often, my wife (now ex) would get up, shower, dress and put on the coffee without my waking up. I always sleep with the windows wide open (SoCal), and I live on a canyon with lots of night critters. One night I turned on my sound-activated tape recorder at bedtime. The next morning, it was filled with godawful screeches and yelps, and I was amazed that I slept through it. Who knew?

Hey Jim, As a near Newbie yourself, you might be surprised how helpful it was for a almost total newbie like myself, to hear your comments above! The old timers are helpful in their way, but it's also very good to hear of improvement a month plus ahead of myself (and I think I can say for Sparkle as well, who is a couple weeks behind me)

I think we need to have "Class of" here on the board...I'm Class of Dec 26 2014...but I'd be fine to be lumped in to the "Class of January 2015" for all intents and purposes...and I think there is so much change by the month or by the quarter half and whole first year, that Class of "month" makes sense to me!

Cept unlike in School, the class is starting time, as their ain't no graduating I'm afraid!

Susan

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Miss Sparkle,
So...you probably have time on your hands today cause you are enjoying snowpocalypse there ...I hope you don't lose power cause I expect that like me, you don't have a marine battery sitting around (though living in MA perhaps you have a generator etc)

SO...see my recent post on the board, I took the leap, I've got sleepyhead up, my card lived to tell, and I've done a screen shot...not sure if I did that part right, but it wasn't bad.

I do like ResScan, but there are nice features to the Sleepyhead and it gives a sort of "encouraging" summary (or in the case of this am, not so encouraging) of the night before...

If you aren't running Windows 8.1 as Sgear mentioned, I don't think your card would do anything odd even if you didn't have it locked...but by all means SLIDE the little tab to LOCKED when you put it in.

It took a big more fiddling to get the Sleepyhead up and running than the ResScan but I appreciate it's user friendly. After you get it installed, you'll need to tell it to make an icon on your taskbar or start button for easy finding again.

If I can do this, you can likely do it...(-: Looking forward to show and tell Sister Newbie!
Happy Snow Day.
Susan in not sunny, Northern California.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2015, 12:04 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: If I can do this, you can likely do it...(-: Looking forward to show and tell Sister Newbie!
Happy Snow Day.
Susan in not sunny, Northern California.

Okay I'm trying this sista! Going right now to get the card - I'll be back Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.