Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some nights.....
Some nights.....
I've been compliant a long time.  30+ years.

Lately my scores have been exceptional on my S9E....This whole week was 0.0. Except I've been cheating I haven't been using my wedge under my chin to prevent mouth breathing.
Scores were good anyway. and sleep is more comfortable.
Two nights ago I booted sleepyhead.  I hadn't been on in 186 days. It showed horrible leakage from my mask. Put my card back in my machine; I've never locked the card. So I erased my card so I could use my machine.  Last night I lost my history. I had printed a report. Good thing.

Last night I used the wedge under my chin. It was hard to sleep. Looked at sleepyhead again this morning. Horrible leakage. Clearly my almost year old mask needs to be replaced. Looks fine...

Today I went in to the mask supplier. Came home with a new mask. Same as before. 

Here's hoping. New mask; new hose; new humidifier chamber. Old S9E...it works well.

I'm grateful for the sharing here, and the knowledge I've gained. 

Wondering....if score is so good, do I need to be worried about mouth breathing?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
RE: Some nights.....
fwiw last night's score was 0.40

That's with my old mask.
That's with the wedge under my chin.
It wasn't a good night's sleep.
One visit to the washroom.

Garmin watch says 7 hours 19 minutes total sleep. 2 hours 24 min deep sleep. 5 minutes awake; thought it was longer.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Path is very frustrating and hard.

I've been doing this a long time. It doesn't get any easier.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,
How bad was the leak rate? What did SleepyHead show?

Whether you are mouth breathing or the leaking is from a mask, if it’s bad enough and consistent for most of the night, your machine may not report an accurate AHI number.

If the data is still on the card, post a screenshot from a 0.0 night, and/or a screenshot with a high leak rate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes things just don't add up. 
The other night I didn't quite push the humidifier in right resulting in a lot of air coming my way, so much I was struggling to breath against it.  Looking at the display it was sitting at normal pressure, but the volume of air coming through the hose was overwhelming.
I couldn't work out what was wrong as there was not aloud sound of leaking. The machine was more than making up for the leak. It took me quite a while to find it as I had tried to push the humidified in a couple of times.  I decided I would just have to sleep with it, but after an hour I woke with air coming out my lips a lot!  My mouth was also very dry and I couldn't breathe for dryness.
I expected to have a high AHI, but it said 0.0.
Sleepyhead showed a leak but no other problems and the pressure was normal, not even up at the high level it can get to. 
So I wouldn't worry about a small leak, but a constant one might result in problems. 
The machine can maintain a small leak. 
It is when you wake up in the morning at get the angry red face it can get annoying, thankfully, I don't see it very often. 
I also tell the wife, if you hear air leaking give me a nudge. 
On my old machine my ribs used to be sore! 
Now it is her that wakes me turning over and dare I sat it SNORING! lol
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for your responses.
Last night I was so grateful to have a new mask.
Except it leaked a lot.
It's early; I couldn't sleep.
I have to figure out how to do screenshots again. And how to post again.

I forgot to use my wedge to keep my jaw closed. Could have been mouth breathing...
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
New mask leaked a lot.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have SleepyHead installed.
Use the tutorials in my and others signature line for instruction on organizing charts and using the attachment feature to post here.

Make sure we can see the following graphs: Events, flow rate, pressure, snore and leak graph. Also the left sidebar with all the statistics
minus the pie chart and calendar.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
I shall.
When I get home.
I'm exhausted.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
What do I look for to confirm mouth breathing as the source of leakage?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 582 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 450 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] First 2 Nights of CPAP (help?) jp0808 1 372 11-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.