Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some of my Tricks and Tips:
Some of my Tricks and Tips:
First is getting used to wearing a face mask:

In my case as a life time Sci-Fi fan I tried thinking and partly dreaming I was a person living on what we thought living on Mars was going to be like during the 50s like in old Robert Heinlein stories.

So my breathing mask became my Mars Explorer mask. OR the faceplate of my Spacesuit..etc.

This seemed to have work very well for me.

You might try thinking and guiding you're dropping off dreaming as a Scuba Diver Swimming mask or as a Fire Fighters mask or a Race Car Driver's helmet or a Motorcycle Helmet or something like that.

USING your SD Card:

I found it was too easy to forget to replace my SD Card, especially when I pulled it during the night, SO I now stuff my tissue into the mask whenever I remove it, so I cannot put the mask back on with the tissue in the way which reminds me to put the SD Card back.

I also learned to wait until my machines screen light goes out to help insure the card has been fully loaded.

And I always make sure to use the Computer's "Safely to Remove Hardware and Media" tool every time.

Lastly even thou I have not had any problems with unlocked SC Cards, with the new warning by Sleepyhead to lock the SD Card when inserting it into the computer and unlocking it before returning it to the machine, I now do so every time, and as that lock tab is hard for me to slide up and down I use a tool to do it and I leave that tool on my keyboard of arm rest in the way to remind me to unlock it when I remove it from the computer.
I will add that not all card readers will honor the lock and if it is not part of your computer like a SC Card adder. It has been said your should test this with clean SD Card locked and then try to copy something onto it, if the computer will not then your good.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some of my Tricks and Tips:
(10-29-2014, 10:20 AM)racprops Wrote: USING your SD Card:

I found it was too easy to forget to replace my SD Card, especially when I pulled it during the night, SO I now stuff my tissue into the mask whenever I remove it, so I cannot put the mask back on with the tissue in the way which reminds me to put the SD Card back.

I also learned to wait until my machines screen light goes out to help insure the card has been fully loaded.

And I always make sure to use the Computer's "Safely to Remove Hardware and Media" tool every time.

Lastly even thou I have not had any problems with unlocked SC Cards, with the new warning by Sleepyhead to lock the SD Card when inserting it into the computer and unlocking it before returning it to the machine, I now do so every time, and as that lock tab is hard for me to slide up and down I use a tool to do it and I leave that tool on my keyboard of arm rest in the way to remind me to unlock it when I remove it from the computer.
I will add that not all card readers will honor the lock and if it is not part of your computer like a SC Card adder. It has been said your should test this with clean SD Card locked and then try to copy something onto it, if the computer will not then your good.

Rich

Why are you removing your card during the night? Just curious about that.

About the lock thing: The only time this is a consideration is if you are using a Resmed machine and your computer is running Windows 8.1. If either of those situations are not true, the issue does not apply to you.

What happens is Windows 8.1 writes a couple of files on the SDCard when it's mounted in the computer. Then, unless you delete those files the Resmed will want to reformat the card when it sees it again. Even then it's not the end of the world, because only the detailed graphical stuff is lost, and will become repopulated over the course of some days.

But it's a nuisance, and one that can be avoided by locking the card, or not running Windows 8.1, or using a brand other than Resmed. I believe I have heard the situation does not occur on the new A10 Resmeds. But not sure about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2014, 12:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-29-2014, 10:20 AM)racprops Wrote: USING your SD Card:

Rich

Why are you removing your card during the night? Just curious about that.

Some times I like to check and see my wake up was a full blader, or an event...

About the lock thing: The only time this is a consideration is if you are using a Resmed machine and your computer is running Windows 8.1. If either of those situations are not true, the issue does not apply to you.

What happens is Windows 8.1 writes a couple of files on the SDCard when it's mounted in the computer. Then, unless you delete those files the Resmed will want to reformat the card when it sees it again. Even then it's not the end of the world, because only the detailed graphical stuff is lost, and will become repopulated over the course of some days.

But it's a nuisance, and one that can be avoided by locking the card, or not running Windows 8.1, or using a brand other than Resmed. I believe I have heard the situation does not occur on the new A10 Resmeds. But not sure about that.

I thought so as I only had one time when my Sleepyhead when nuts...BUT as the new version does not say more than better to lock up your SD Card I started doing it.

Better safe than sorry.

Or my other saying: Trust in Alla, but tie up your camel.

Rich
Darn two copies and I now see where spell check missed...

Oh well.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, that whole thing about tying up your camel is overrated too..........

Also, I have found I am able to know if I have a full bladder without checking Sleepyhead. But that's just me.............
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,335 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,273 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 304 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,629 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  Tips for adjusting chin strap? TiredTom111 8 1,233 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  [CPAP] cleaning my machine tips kiracaylen 2 542 08-31-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.