Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Some strange flow rate curves
RE: Some strange flow rate curves
I am glad you are at least getting some help with therapy, though it is not entirely fixing the problem. I know it is quite a process. You seem to know a lot about what is going on, which is half the battle.
I fall asleep reading sometimes, so my naps are accidental, otherwise I would put the cpap on. 
I check my oxygen sometimes with a simple finger clip throughout the day. It averages 95/96 usually. My heart rate is often in the mid-high 50s, which seems low. And when I take deep breaths, it goes lower. I am looking forward to checking stats at night though.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some strange flow rate curves
Ahh yes, those sneaky "I'm reading something and now I'm asleep" naps. Or the "I'm watching a video and now I've missed ten minutes" ones. Or "I paused in my dinner to let my food cool down a little, and now it's room temperature" naps. Those are the most annoying. LOL Though at my worst, I was on a medication for nerve pain that made me insanely sleepy (this was prior to my current apnea and dysautonomia issues), and at the time I was a smoker... I was outside my office at work, taking a smoke break, and I actually fell asleep standing up and leaning against a fence. That was probably my most impressive "unwanted nap" moment.

If it's any consolation, I find that I do that much less now, after ten months... I've been so conscious about always putting it on that now I wake up after a minute or so if I don't have my mask on, earplugs in, machines on, eyemask and pulse-ox on - because it feels wrong, now, to sleep without them. I probably have the most regular bedtime routine now that I've ever had, which no doubt is helping too.

A pulse in the 50s isn't necessarily too bad, it's going to depend a lot on your fitness, medication etc. It's a good thing to record it for a while as you're just doing things quietly, just for 15 or 20 minutes. That's usually going to give you a good reference. And yeah, things like holding your breath, straining, etc they can all alter your pulse (you can google Valsalva manoeuvres and the diving reflex in humans if you're interested).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 110 8,692 4 hours ago
Last Post: ewriter
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 8 310 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 69 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 284 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 266 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 183 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.