Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Something changed and numbers suck - ideas?
Something changed and numbers suck - ideas?
There have been some changes in meds over the past year and my numbers basically suck. I did see the advanced practice nurse and they want to get 2 nights with an oximeter to see if that explains anything.

I sleep on my back as anything else is uncomfortable. 
Plus, I'm recovering from surgery for a broken, dislocated shoulder with massive rotator cuff repair.

Here is the most recent day I uploaded. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

[attachment=8833]

[attachment=8834]

[attachment=8840]

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Something changed and numbers suck - ideas?
You need to provide the settings screen down the left as this gives us valuable information. Is your machine st to a max pressure of 9 ? It looks like you machine wanted to go higher but could not. You may be need to increase your max pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess the cluster of OA's was positional.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Besides positional changes is there anything else that can cause clusters of events showing up on sleepyhead graphs?
Post Reply Post Reply
Updated 1st post in thread.

I sleep on my back and don't move.
There was a very slight increase in overall AHI when my thyroid dose was reduced.
Armodafanil (Nuvigil) was added ths summer.
Lamotrigine was increased a year ago.
Parathyroid hormone levels have been fluctuating and these affect weight inversely. That has gone up and down a little over the year.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is almost immediately going to max pressure of 8.8 and staying there. It appears you need a higher max pressure. I would also consider raising the min pressure to at least 7.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2018, 03:16 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Besides positional changes is there anything else that can cause clusters of events showing up on sleepyhead graphs?

I find a swift jab with the elbow by the wife does it ;-)
Seriously It may be related to your positional discomfort when not on your back. it may not be but I believe that a partial roll could cause it.  Based on your statement the discomfort you describe from your surgeries could cause stress and the rise in your Flow Limits.

Your Flow Limits are quite high and should be reduced if possible.  If you raised pressure settings I suspect your pressure would rise to the max pressure.  That said I would raise your pressure by 1 cmw and also increase EPR from 2 to 3.  This is to help with the flow limits.  

And do work on the positional apnea.  

A 2-minute close up could help show some light on your breathing pattern and flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with suggestions to increase maximum pressure to 12 and minimum to 8.0, and consider soft cervical collar for positional issues. Your current pressure is low for most, and clearly too low for you. With the pressure increase I recommend EPR 3 for the flow limits and comfort. I think oximetry is a good idea, but will not resolve the obvious OA and flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a shorter section of the night.

[attachment=8841]

Post Reply Post Reply
Pure OA. Higher pressure and or positional therapy with a soft cervical collar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 320 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 358 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.