Sometimes I think the world has gone mad.
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

Sometimes I think the world has gone mad.
I just don't understand it.... I ordered a nice new iron for Mrs. R_G. I think she'll like it a lot. On laundry days when she irons my shirts and stuff it'll be really nice for her.

I ordered it from Amazon. The writeup says it's a nice iron so I imagine it is. It'll be nice when we get it.

Amazon shipped it with the new and improved UPS service called "Surepost." That, like Fedex's "Smartpost" take the packages and ship them to a town close to the addressee, then give them to the local post office so they can have a little love too. Then the post office sends it to whoever it belongs to. In my case these packages arrive in Portland, then are sent to Newport, a little town about 40 miles south of us where they sit for a few days, then are given to the post office who sticks them in a sack and sends them back to Portland, where they are sorted and then sent to me the next day.

They could save lots of gas and energy if they would just give it to the mail guy in Portland in the first place. I don't get it.............

But Mrs. R_G will be thrilled when it comes in any case, I'm sure.

It used to be we bought little presents, or flowers, or whatever for our wives and girlfriends because we wanted to be nice, and yes, because we thought that if we did that we might well, "get lucky" that night. In today's world we still buy the little presents, or flowers, or whatever, but it's more in the hope that that night we'll get supper.

When did the world change?

I don't get it.
05-27-2015 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

RE: Sometimes I think the world has gone mad.
If my hubby bought me a dang iron, I might have to bop him on the head with it.
But I bet Mrs R_G is nicer than I am. :grin:

Oh, and Amazon uses that system so you will get discouraged and sign up for their Amazon Prime; then they can magically ship to you next day.
Of course Amazon Prime will cost you a monthly fee. Crazy

OpalRose
05-27-2015 03:44 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

I used to get my meds by mail; and they used Surepost for some.

I've given up on the post office. I've seen items track to the wrong post office and even go out for delivery in the wrong zip.
I've have priority mail take a week to go across town.

This is only a fragment of how the whole dang world is going nuts.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-27-2015 04:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

(05-27-2015 03:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  If my hubby bought me a dang iron, I might have to bop him on the head with it........

Does that mean no supper for Retired_Guy?
05-27-2015 06:53 PM
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

[Image: alice-wonderland-cheshire-cat-smile-were...ot-com.png]

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
05-27-2015 10:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(05-27-2015 04:04 PM)justMongo Wrote:  I used to get my meds by mail; and they used Surepost for some.

I've given up on the post office. I've seen items track to the wrong post office and even go out for delivery in the wrong zip.
I've have priority mail take a week to go across town.

We used to get meds by mail too until the postal carrier stole them and claimed they were delivered. Was home that day and went out to retrieve the mail right after I saw the truck pull away. Saw the mail truck turn the corner at the end of the street so no one had time to sneak in after him to steal my drugs. Drug company claimed we got it, after all the post office "delivered" it. Refused to refill prescription because we're only allowed to get a 90-day supply. Postmaster claimed they delivered it, have all trucks on GPS. Sure, we got mail that day but not the drugs. Bet he just scanned the package and tossed it in the back. If someone needs those meds to survive their only appeal is to have the doctor write a new script and pay full price at a drug store. I have switched all my bills to online only so I don't get anything in the mail. How many times I did get bills and find a convenient tear in the little window on the front revealing what was inside.

If I need a new debit card I just tell the bank to hold it and I go pick it up rather than sending it to me in the mail.

Anyway, thankfully work dumped that drug company and now we can pickup our stuff at a drug store.

/rant

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-28-2015 01:37 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(05-27-2015 03:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  If my hubby bought me a dang iron, I might have to bop him on the head with it.
But I bet Mrs R_G is nicer than I am. :grin:

Oh, and Amazon uses that system so you will get discouraged and sign up for their Amazon Prime; then they can magically ship to you next day.
Of course Amazon Prime will cost you a monthly fee. Crazy

Your comment reminds me of my husband on our 1st Anniversary back in 1971. The day of our Anniversary came and he apologized and said he forgot to buy a card - but he didn't forget to buy a present. Bear in mind I was hoping for a nice piece of jewelry or maybe some flowers. Instead he hands me a rectangle shaped brown paper sack that contained a "door mat" for the front porch. Sad Needless to say I was not impressed with his "common sense" approach to gift giving.
05-28-2015 03:47 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(05-28-2015 03:47 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Your comment reminds me of my husband on our 1st Anniversary back in 1971. The day of our Anniversary came and he apologized and said he forgot to buy a card - but he didn't forget to buy a present. Bear in mind I was hoping for a nice piece of jewelry or maybe some flowers. Instead he hands me a rectangle shaped brown paper sack that contained a "door mat" for the front porch. Sad Needless to say I was not impressed with his "common sense" approach to gift giving.

Did you need a door mat?

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-28-2015 04:19 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(05-28-2015 04:19 PM)AlanE Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 03:47 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Your comment reminds me of my husband on our 1st Anniversary back in 1971. The day of our Anniversary came and he apologized and said he forgot to buy a card - but he didn't forget to buy a present. Bear in mind I was hoping for a nice piece of jewelry or maybe some flowers. Instead he hands me a rectangle shaped brown paper sack that contained a "door mat" for the front porch. Sad Needless to say I was not impressed with his "common sense" approach to gift giving.

Did you need a door mat?

Not really, at least I didn't think we did. But hubby being a practical sort thought we did, so that is what he purchased. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny then. In hubby's defense he grew up in a wonderful family but there was not an emphasis on gift giving occasions.
05-28-2015 04:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Well the good news is the iron came today! I was out of the house for awhile when it came. I called home and Mrs. R_G was understandably having a difficult time hiding her enthusiasm and excitement. When I asked what she was doing, she simply said she was thinking of where to put the iron when I come home.

I love present day.
05-28-2015 06:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  World Beard Championships zonk 2 369 10-06-2015 06:02 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Where is the best coffee in the world? zonk 62 3,871 10-05-2015 02:15 PM
Last Post: zonk
Cool Where in The World Are You Dreamcatcher 27 7,056 04-10-2012 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher