Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 instead of Airsense 10 for her
Aircurve 10 instead of Airsense 10 for her
Hi Everyone:  Been doing the CPAP for one year and started with the Airsense 10 for her on the recommendation of this board. This board has been tremendous in helping me to get started.

Had a problem with my Airsense 10 and as replacement was sent an Aircurve 10 vauto. I see the Aircurve 10 is quite a bit more expensive. I guess my question is- should I keep the Aircurve or send it back for an Airsense? The Airsense has given me good service.

My insurance has covered this so no out of pocket expense for me so just curious about the actual machine itself.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 instead of Airsense 10 for her
You can make the VAuto act like the AirSense, but you will miss the reporting of RERAs. You need to post a screenshot (F12) of a Daily screen when you used the AS10 and one of the AC10's.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will upload some sleep results in a week or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have limited experience, but I would recommend you keep the AirCurve. As Crimson Nape said, you can make it act just like the AirSense. The advantage of the AirCurve is that you can fine tune your pressure support (PS) with much more precision and in a wider range than you can on the AirSense. And if you don't need that now, no big deal, but nice to have going forward should you need it. I changed over recently and much prefer the AirCurve.

Hope this helps in some small way.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,499 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.