Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Somnetics Transcend II Travel CPAP clinician password
RE: Somnetics Transcend II Travel CPAP
(10-30-2013, 11:08 AM)slancasterTX99 Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 09:43 AM)jrolli1509 Wrote: What a gift you would give us all, to please provide a review of the Transdend. I am not a provider, but a user getting tired of schlepping the S9 around. Doubt insurance will cover another CPAP within 2 years, but I am willing to spend the $1K it takes for the accessories needed, if the travel dependability and breathing experience is good. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you…except I haven't owned mine for two years. I'm a consultant and travel a TON for work. I love my CPAP, but it is such a pain in the rear to go through security with and, quite honestly, I'm a little self conscious about schlepping out this device and having multiple bags on my flights each week. So, I ordered the Transcend Auto Travel CPAP with EZEX (easy expiration) as my travel device. With the optional humidifier, it was $670 on Supplier #1, and I can use my existing hose and mask with it (which saved a little). I'll let you know how it goes after my first few weeks on the road with it!

What a service to so many!! I am curious how the "experience" is--does it feel similar to regular CPAP with an exhalation relief? or require a little getting used to? Also no specs on the weight of the electrical/transformer cord--and imho that is where the weight comes from the ResMed machine. Finally, any luck CPAP sleeping on the plane, and was that arranged with any certainty? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Somnetics Transcend II Travel CPAP clinician password
Password is juniper. And it's no secret.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, i have a similar problem. i cannot program my machine. i have tried using the software but i have an Apple computer and the software says it does not work without Windows.
Any other ideas guys?
Post Reply Post Reply
A Somnetics app makes sense, but as you have to be connected with the device (either patient/clinician mode) devices drivers are necessary and in case you're using an iPhone/iPad a special connector cable. Maybe the Somnetics app is under development, many customers use this kind of mobile computers. The biggest challenge is the hardware diversity which makes it kind of impossible of developing appropriate drivers.Thinking-about

Btw, I purchased the Transcend Auto and the Somnetics Software annoys me! The device is working properly everything is setup correctly ... but the compliance information is not provided any more!

When I try to retrieve compliance the software shows the red box "No Data Found in the selected Range". I changed the range multiple times but to me it looks like noe data is recorded?

Sad

Which conditions influence the recording and processing of compliance data of the Transcend Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
It sounds like you have been talking to those wonderful people at Intus Customer Service in the UK - a more unhelpful bunch I have yet to come across.

See the attached file which has some notes on to what do do. You should already have the software - it is on the disc that came with the machine. It can also be downloaded from Somnetics site.

Just a caution - you should only be setting pressures your Sleep Clinic recommend - moving outside those risk all the symptoms of sleep apneoa and the consequences for things like drivingSleep-well[attachment=1071]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nix200,Baine, & maciman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2012, 08:43 PM)Lee Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 04:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 02:25 PM)Lee Wrote: I e-mailed Somantics and they told me to contact my provider. I seem to be getting the run-around. Does someone have the password they could "pm" me?
thanks!

Try "juniper" for the password. If that doesn't work, I was told by another person that the password is dependent upon which serial number of your machine (there are numerous passwords) and you can only get the one for your machine and serial number via email by the method described above.

Let me know if either of these methods work for you. I'm trying to pin this down for our CPAP Manuals page and I'd like to let other people know for sure.

Thanks!

Smile

Works so far for me! I installed the software from the disk. I ran it and typed a junk password and it complained. I then typed the password you mentioned and it worked. I saw the clinician screens, etc.

A few interesting notes:

1. I have not attached my Transcend II machine yet. This makes me believe the password is related to the software release and not the machine.

2. The manual says once the correct password is entered, it is saved on the machine and you do not need to enter it again. Another reason to believe it is not tied to the serial number -- Especially since the clinician mode is expected to work with multiple systems.

3. The clinician manual is available on the disk I received with my machine. Just install the software and go to Program Files\Somnetics\Somnetics Sleep Apnea Therapy Management Utility\Resources\Manuals it is number 103086. Inside the manual is the default clinician password you mentioned. (I found it after receiving your note.)

10/6/2015
Thanks for the tip. I just got my Transcend CPAP. I loaded the disk that came with the machine and used the password "juniper". I got access to the machine and reprogramed it according to the Transcend video. Works great!!!
Thank you very much.

BTW I e-mailed Transcend 2 days ago and still have not gotten a reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 08:50 PM)JWCA Wrote: Thanks for the tip. I just got my Transcend CPAP.
Good luck
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Transcend EZEX
Somnetics Sleep Apnea Therapy Management Utility

Password: juniper
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2016, 02:05 PM)wbachs Wrote: Transcend EZEX
Somnetics Sleep Apnea Therapy Management Utility

Password: juniper

More info on how to get the Somnetics software for free:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...PAP-System

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 299 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How to clear Z1 travel cpap faults? Motorheadrulz 2 2,028 08-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Oscar password reset Gogirl 7 1,439 02-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: gree7
  AirMini Travel Data Extraction & Teardown JimIve 18 9,090 12-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Format of AirMini data received by clinician via AirView ? Charliegwte 0 901 12-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Charliegwte
  Reset OSCAR password Sleepbreather 2 1,182 11-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepbreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.