Mask Make & Model: Amara View
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6.2, 15, PS4.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Son gets his machine today
Your a good Mom!
The 10 verses 12 is a guy thing, I can take it! More is better, faster... He can always back it off (as you know Smile )
I have a beard and use Simplus, no problem with the beard but the nose bridge is another story
Just started trying the P10 this week, sore in the center. I find it difficult to not get it too tight, still working on it
08-07-2015 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

The second night, after a couple hrs he got really frustrated and was ready to pack it in - but he's motivated enough he put that thing back on. Got a good 4 hrs uninterrupted which has got to feel great. the 12-18 might be good for him. I asked him about posting his reports and he didn't answer. He's thinking about it. AHI still 2.2. He was mad at the P10... Small pillow = not enough air, Med Pillow makes nose and upper lip sore... but the last lap last night he kinda got over it - said it stopped hurting.

He left it running all night, both nights. so his compliance is 100% Big Grin Leak rates aren't perfect, but if I understand the PR Leak reporting correctly it's also not too bad.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
08-07-2015 12:48 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(08-06-2015 03:29 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  .........Also need to find the threads on how respironics does leaks - so we can tell if he is mouth breathing, but my instinct says that if he had his pressure would have maxxed, and it did not. only hit 13 (in the last 2 hrs - 12 in the first 2)

Daria,

The flow rate would have maxxed out but the pressure would not have. The machine is set to maintain the pressure, so if there is a large leak the impeller will spin up and move more air to try to get the back pressure up to the pressure setting. With a really large leak the pump will never catch up and the pressure will go down but the flow rate will be way up.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
08-07-2015 04:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,035 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  My article on today's Huff Post re sleep apnea journey JaneAM 9 587 09-08-2016 07:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 6,432 07-02-2016 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
  Brand New - Hope to Get a CPAP Today Tiercel 14 691 06-17-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Smile Got my machine today - So Excited! partsmutt 8 623 04-29-2016 02:50 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum SaldusMiegas 11 750 04-13-2016 03:05 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  New member, test results today, anything I need beware? awoodby 12 1,079 03-09-2016 08:09 PM
Last Post: OpalRose