Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Son gets his machine today
Son gets his machine today
My son gets to be setup with his new machine today. He got a choice of the PR 560 Auto, or the Airsense 10 Auto. I steered him to PR - he is only 33 and active! loves camping off grid. Told him he can't go wrong with either, but that the PR will likely suit him slightly better Smile He picks it up today @ 4

Trying to get him to join the forum or at least read it... but mom's here Big Grin you know how it is. I am very excited for him to be on treatment. They didn't waste any time getting him a machine, either - his results were first seen by his Doctor (and published to his online "mychart") Saturday night. His apnea is horrible! AHI of 102 when calculated for 8 hours - but there is at least 1 hour where he is clearly not sleeping during the test (position is upright and events for that slot are blank) and a terrible rate of desats with lowest at 69% I have great hopes for positive results, and have infected him with my enthusiasm for same. He can't wait either Big Grin

Oh - and he did *not* have to go to Apria. whew! I looked over the DME he is being sent to, and they are a Northwest outfit. They have online ordering for supplies, and they will come to your home and set you up if necessary. They have a 24x7 staff. Looks good so far! Hope they do that well for reals.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Son gets his machine today
I've been on my Airsense 10 Auto almost a month now. I'm 36 and My AHI was also 100+

I don't know much about the PR but the Airsense 10 has been fantastic! My AHI is on average between 0.8-4.5 per hour now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear!

Post Reply Post Reply
glad that everything seems to be going smoothly and that your son will have his machine today and hopefully his health and sleep will improve but very little problems adapting to his treatment
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, me50!! I expect him to adapt well to the treatment. I have for the most part, and he is much less "sensitive" to everything than I am. He's a bear of a dude. He's been suffering with this at increasing levels for quite some time - I suspect he had apnea as a child (same as me. my fault, my genes....) His sleep study was pure OSA - should respond well - if anything he may need higher pressure and a bipap considering men tend to need more than women and mine run above average. but I am getting ahead. He needs to do the apap first. he wants my assistance, and that is good too. I like to meddle Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
Great news about his DME! Which mask? Heated hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
he's in there right now... trying on the p10! he has facial hair, so its the best opt if he can keep his mouth shut (debatable! Bigwink )

told him to ask for a heated hose

Post Reply Post Reply
I forget you're on the West Coast… it's almost bedtime for me. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with a PR years ago and it didn't help so I quit using it. Then I got an s9 elite and that didn't work well either so I got an s9 auto. that didn't work well either so another sleep study and I got the vpap and it is better. After over a year with this machine, I am still waking up but it seems lately that I sleep longer before I wake up and the data is improving.

wishing your son much success in his therapy! good that he has your support and knowledge
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DariaVader,
It's great to hear your son has a good DME and that he is getting his CPAP machine today and that he is excited.. I wish him good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,424 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 999 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 237 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,223 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,869 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,344 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  My silly question for today. David Clark 9 986 03-30-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.