Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs
Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs
looks to me like the starting pressure of 12 might not be quite enough, instead of too much. (???)

His equipment:
Philips Respironics System One (60 Series) RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
P10 Nasal Pillows Mask

Pressure set 12 to 18, Auto

[Image: B5nIvcF.png]

[Image: hSBaIwB.png]

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs
Huge improvement from AHI of 102!!!

I am on high pressure and found that high Flex / Pressure relief caused a increase in my AHI ( 4-7 on average ) due to OAs.
Reduced it to 1 and since then all my nightly AHI have been under 2.
I doubt he would need more pressure because his 95% pressure is 16.2 ....

Large leak... perhaps try a full face mask like F&P Simplus ... I found that one worked best for me for high pressure.

Also, impressive maximum tidal volume Smile

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DariaVader,
Great improvement.
Would a chin strap help the leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, very much a huge improvement. 3 nights and he has a noticeable spring in his step and smile on his face. Good for mom to see! Yeah, that TV is something! I will tell him to try other AFlex settings. Like me, he is seeing water retention increase with cpap use, tho (increasing EPR on my Resmed alleviated mine a little) The largest leaks are when he takes the mask off.

I think a chinstrap would help - but he really hates it. It's early days; he will get used to lots of stuff he doesnt currently envision... that is life Big Grin

He has a beard and the DME told him he can't use a FFM. I know that is not exactly true as there are several bearded FFM users on the forum, but I also think he is better off with pillows.... if he can get good therapy with them.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't change anything after 3 days. The fact he is happy with the results so far is a good indication that this is just part of adapting. For the Sleepyhead charts, I would turn off VS2 and rename CSR to PB. Also, pretty much everything is in the first chart, and I would not bother with the respiratory rates, tidal volume, etc. chart. I'm sure things will show improvement in time, but if not a slightly higher minimum pressure looks like it would take out some of the H and CA most of the night. He is border line for bilevel pressure already.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats. It looks like your son is doing well.

I originally started out with a FFM (PR Amara View) with a full beard. I was able to get up to 95% with this mask, but the leaks still concerned me. I ended up going with the PR Nuance Pro and now I get 100% every night.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
5th night,. Not bad, looks like mouth breathing though.

[Image: KFSKyge.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
are all those pressure spikes reactive? or is the machine pressure checking his airway?

Post Reply Post Reply
To my limited knowledge of PR machines, those pressure spikes are the "hunt and peck" method that PR uses to ascertain whether or not one needs a pressure increase.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
this is true. basically, this machine type decides to hunt because nothing meriting an actual pressure shift is occurring.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 922 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,129 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,375 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,301 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,284 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,235 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.