Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs
RE: Son's 3rd night - 12 hrs
Daria, id leave things be for a while. Ahi under3 is great.
IF he can stay with nasal pillows or mask do.
If he goes ff he will need more pressure. I do on ff and so does wife if either of us has to go ff. I started ff went nasal and use 4 to 6 cm less pressure.
I have that machine. The spikes are what you said and are only .5 cm to 1 cm depending.
As long as total leak is under 70 your good to go.
""
Post Reply Post Reply
Long time no see ghostie.... yeah - it looks like he is settling more, better AHI, TV down to 3k haha - i have seen what he does to make it do that - it's when he feels like he can't breathe. dude does have a massive chest! last night he had a 3k spike at the beginning of therapy (awake) and none throughout the night. I keep telling him he could try 10 rather than 12 as the min (based off his first night with a 7 min) - but he dont wanna. He will throw me under the bus when he talks to his doc too, and say that I am the one who changed his pressure from her prescription! Oh-jeez

lol
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Cell phone limited data Daria lol.
Aflex may be smothing him at times on three. It lowers pressure at top of inhalation.
Also regardless of setting it will only end exhale 2 cm below current pressure. Then based on previous breath it will build to current pressure on inhale.
You nan run that machine on cflex in auto mode as well. It is a straight pressure relief 1 2 or three that is full pressure until exhale and full pressure relief per setting but is at full currrnt pressure at end of exhale unlike Aflex.
He might like cflex better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good tip on the aflex vs cflex. That does sound like he will like it better.

Sorry to hear you are accessing the forum on a cellphone. That's rough! I can't read it (very well) on mine Big Grin

Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 01:07 PM)LexTac Wrote: Congrats. It looks like your son is doing well.

I originally started out with a FFM (PR Amara View) with a full beard. I was able to get up to 95% with this mask, but the leaks still concerned me. I ended up going with the PR Nuance Pro and now I get 100% every night.

LOVE the Nuance Pro, I get pretty much 100 % every night myself. It's the only mask I've ever used. I'm surprised more people don't use it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.